cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kim30

Easy Way Users

I noticed this group at the very end of the list and I think we need to bring it to the forefront. This book is the best thing that happened to me and my quit. If you are serious about becoming an ex, I highly suggest it.

I have completed 9 days already, and except for a few little whispers from the nicotine monster, I have found it to be extremely easy. Not to mention, I don't want to kill anybody (hubby is very lucky). I FEEL AWESOME!! I have no desire to stuff my face instead of smoke, and have in fact, lost 2 lbs in the past week. The walking certainly helps.

Anyway, just wanted to post my two cents on this group, in hopes that others that have quit using this method will post theirs. It's a shame for this book not to be known to everyone serious about quitting.

Best of luck to all.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies
teresa15

I would love to be a part of this group! Ever since I read the book and quit smoking, now on week 4 may I add, I have feel like a sales rep. for Allen Carr! If I wasn't telling people on become an ex to download the book for free people may wonder. This book helped me so much that I think it is only right to pass the info onto others.

I was terrified to even try to quit smoking, after reading the book I was no longer afraid just excited to see if it had worked. Could I say I am a nonsmoker and be a non smoker? YEP! Buy, Buy nicotine monster..... Hello healthy life!
0 Kudos
braundi

I too believe Mr. Carr's book to be an invaluable tool to help anyone who is serious about quitting smoking.

After smoking the better part of 23 years (with a two year quit thrown in there several years ago), I knew I needed to quit for real. Most of me wanted to quit; and, was terrified of nicotene fits and emotionally charged mood swings. Part of me didn't want to quit at all. I just didn't believe I could actually do it.

I hated the fact that I wasn't strong enough to face life without the stupid cancer sticks. I was terrified of life without my stinking pacifiers. I was a closet smoker debilitated by guilt from doing something I knew was hurting me.

After reading Mr. Carr's book, I quit, cold turkey, without using any substitutes (food, etc...). My hope builds day by day. I feel better than I have in years. I have been smoke free since early a.m. 3/13/09. I don't look at cigarettes the same way. Thanks to the book, I have been prepared for most everything that has come my way. It has been far easier than I thought was possible. I kept waiting for the hard part... that never came. What a book!

I plan on giving copies to my family doctor; and, anyone else I can think of who is in a position to help others quit smoking. I tell everyone I can (who is quitting smoking) to read the book.

Best hopes to all of us!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hi there. 22 days and still smoke free. I do have a question? Whats are cigarettes? LOL!!!! Allen Carr would be so proud to have his own group? Its the snowball effect.
0 Kudos
kim30

Today is my day 11, still a piece of cake. So incredibly proud of myself.
  I have told more people about my quit, where normally when I've tried, I didn't want to tell anyone - for fear of failure. I know that this time there will be none. I have also told almost everyone I know that smokes about this book. I know what you mean Teresa about feeling like a sales rep!! Keep up the good work everyone.

BTW, I saw a cigarette this morning Teresa, vaguely remembered what it was, but didn't miss what I used to do with it. YEAH ME!!!!

Why oh why did I not know about this book before!! Thank you Allen Carr.

I still wonder though, how in the world did the man smoke 100 butts/day??!?!?!
0 Kudos
beth22

I am so glad to see this group taking shape!!! Allen's book is AWESOME and I know it's been a lifesaver for many.
  I bought the book about a year ago during my annual "I want to quit" time. I read almost all the book and finked out before I finished it, because I knew if I finished I would quit.....now wasn't that silly????
  My QUIT finally came around on March 25th. I was using Chantix, and I think it was helping, but not as much as I would have liked, and then Teresa began talking to me about Allen's book and I remembered that I had it and got it out and started reading it again......talk about a breakthru!!!!!
  I am almost one month into my quit now and I give plenty of credit to Allen's book and this site and my new friends. I will be forever grateful to both!!!!
0 Kudos
kim30

Welcome to the group Beth, and thank you for joining and posting. I really think so many people could benefit from reading this book. I have successfully completed 12 days and am on my 13th, with no desire to start from 1 again.
0 Kudos
maggie-baird

i just joined your group. My brother-in-law read the book and he said it was great. In fact I just ordered it and now I'm getting ready to read it. I really need to quit and I hope this book will help. Do you have any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
beth22

Hi Maggie Baird! I'm so glad you got the book. My suggestion is that the first thing you do is read the book. It will totally change the way you think about smoking! and keep in touch with this group and the people on this site.
  I promise that you not only need to quit, but you WANT to quit. I don't know how long you've smoked, but life being smoke-free is absolutely AWESOME!!! I smoked so long that I never knew it was this good!
0 Kudos
kim30

Hi Maggie and welcome to the group. I honestly feel like Allen Carr's book was a miracle for me. I never would have thought that stopping that evil little nicotine monster would be so simple. I wish you the best of luck with your quit. If you need anything just holler.
0 Kudos