cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

shazzan99

Don't Let Smart Turkey Scare You

Quitting this terrible addiction what ever the method you choose is as easy or difficult as you make it. Being prepared with survival tools like the 4D's and most of all a positive attitude goes a long way in this journey. 

Wading into the lake when i have the option to dive, is not an option.  Why prolong it? Why feed an addiction with more nicotine? Why take drugs when ridding the nicotine is the easy part anyways. A craving is a craving, period. You crave what you desire. The trick is not to desire it, and we do that by simply making up our minds that we are not going to smoke! I had no cravings 72 hrs. after my last cigarette, and even those cravings were just thoughts that you sloughed off and found something to distract  you until it passed. 

For most people it is not that easy, but it can be! Read and learn. Knowledge is power. I jumped my quit date after joining a group for 2 days and realizing that people do quit smoking and that i could too. For me it was not an option. I simply made up my mind and followed through. 

I had cut down on my smoking simply by putting the cigarettes out of reach, not denied, but mindful. I had taken a ginger and turmeric lung cleanse for about a week when i woke up and didn't feel like a cigarette straight away. That was the beginning of the end. I cut down to 5 a day for 3 days and jumped. Those were the hardest days ......my pre-quit!

I hadn't even planned to quit, just eat better, tried to clear my lungs  and cut down on the smoking. I never thought i could quit smoking. I smoked about 28 a day for 43 years. If  I can quit so can anyone. There are plenty here as proof as well. 

Make the best decision  f your life and become a happy non-smoker!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnnetteMM

You had a plan, you educated yourself, and you took action. Way to go!

Go-You.png

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Whatever means works for you to be successful is what's important.  In the year that I've been on this site, newbies have come on this site reading about how some quitters are adamant about going cold turkey.  There are others that disagree with cutting down--it prolongs the quit.   It always start a flurry of posts with quitters disagreeing.  Some of these newbies seem to feel like their being judged for choosing NRT.  There are many means to reach the ultimate goal--becoming a non-smoker.

0 Kudos