cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Day 2 of quitting

Hey all, I just wanted to share my story. About 7 years ago I quit smoking. It was a tough one, but I did it. Jump to 5 years later and I was out with some friends drinking, I thought I could enjoy that one cigarette with being smoke free for 5 years. Was I wrong, it was gradual but i started smoking more, then it went to almost a pack a day. So, I started Chantix again, I feel confident that I can do this again. This time I know I can't just have a cigarette ever again.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

Thank you so much for your support! I'm so glad I found this place. I am still doing great. I have my urges throughout the day, but I have a plan this time. Last time I quit I didn't really have a plan and I gained 50 lbs. this time I'm focused. Tonight is the first time I'm going out socially. Probably to a bar, I'm not drinking either. The last time I quit I gave up drinking for 6 months. My friends will probably think I'm pregnant because I'm not smoking or drinking!  

0 Kudos
Barb102

I did the same thing. Never again quitting isn’t easy and I never want to do it again. Every time the urge hits I say NOPE

not one puff ever. We are addicted. An alcoholic can’t have just one drink we can’t have just one puff. You got this

Barb

so true. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Giulia

You have a plan, you know the dangers (drinking, e.g.), you're focused.  You've GOT this!

Kudos on your first week!

1 Week Yes Dog Open Mouth.jpg

Thank you! I do feel proud of myself. I can do this! 

elvan

Rasberyswirlgrl  Congratulations on your new journey...clearly, you already know that you can do this and you also know what upended your last quit.  I am glad you are here and that you can share what you have learned with others.  I suggest staying close to the site, it really does help to strengthen a quit.  Reading, blogging, commenting, seeing how others are doing really gives BACK.  Welcome to EX.

Ellen

Thank you! I am doing great still! I’ve been doing a lot of walking and working out. It’s nice to not be out of breath. It’s nuch easier. My cravings are less and less everyday.