cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ButtersMom

Day 2 for me

So I used the QuitSure method and took around 10 days to finish the 6 day program. It works hard to get you to reevaluate why you smoke and how to change your brain. Had my last, crippling, killer cigarette at 1:10 pm yesterday. No cravings. No vaping or NRT.  Really dry mouth and horrible cough but I'm also recovering from RSV so my cough will be bad for awhile. I've quit too many times to mention, I'm 60 but something FEELS different this time. I can identify the difference between crave and urge. They're both deceptions that my addiction caused in my brain. I'm in the early process of re-programming a 45 year way of thinking and it's working. 

I had a scare two weeks ago, couldn't catch my breath, wheezing. I remembered what those chest tubes felt like being inserted, my O2 reading being in the 70's, the surgeon saying have the surgery or die (like scraping wallpaper paste off my lungs). Knew then my time to play with nicotine was running out.

Appreciate this program, along with TWO others I'm using to help guarantee I NEVER take a puff again. My life is more important than a 15.00 a day addiction! So us yours!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Barbscloud

@ButtersMom  Congrats on being on day 2.   Just did some QuitSure reading and glad it's working for you.  Maybe you can share some tips for new quitters.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb 

0 Kudos
JustinHoot99

Hey @ButtersMom   Sorry I missed this. Probably would have gotten alot more followup if post were in Journal blogs or support.  We are very similar.  Both 60, both smoked 40-45yrs, both recently quit.  I hope you are still doing well on your quit.  Let us know how you are doing, maybe put a post in the journal blog or support section.  Hope to hear from you.

Giulia

Where are you now?  No news is not good news in this quitting business.  Talk to us.  Don't give up.   Don't forget that "scare" you had.    It's so easy to just go back to our addiction when our scares are over.  How many times I've said to myself "as soon as this XY or Z" thing is over, I'll do better.  I'll stop the addiction.  And how many times I then paid it no never mind the moment I felt better.  It's human nature, I understand that, but it's also the power of the addiction.  We have to not wait until the scare becomes the debilitating reality, not wait until our health is compromised, not wait until the quality of our lives becomes such that it will never be what it was.  Once the quality of our life has been compromised by smoking - it's...  I mean sure, we're resiliant as human beings and can adapt to anything.  But who wants to adapt to carrying around a little oxygen bottle wherever we go?  Especially when we have a choice to prevent it.

Something to think about perhaps.

0 Kudos