cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Maryjo1953

Day 15

Still not smoking, using zyban.  Still tempted, having cataract surgery on Tuesday, my mind is saying start again after surgery but I still haven't given in.  When people at work go out for a smoke I can smell it on them when they come back in.  Wish me luck and everyone hang in there!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
lisa11209

Congratulations on Day 15!  Keep up your excellent quit!

0 Kudos

Good luck on your surgery. Kick those thoughts about resuming smoking to the curb. You are doing this. Congrats on over two weeks

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

Your addiction is still trying to get you to come back! What a ridiculous thought, "quit AFTER surgery"! You are doing this and smoking isn't an option anymore!

0 Kudos
ladybug49

good luck on the surgery do not think about starting smoking slows down the healing pros and damages the eyes. you have come so fair never give up!!!!!

0 Kudos

Congratulations on two weeks!!

I wouldn't dwell on the cigarettes after surgery. It sounds like the mind is trying to set up a moment to give in and listening to that part of our brains can be dangerous if we let it get the upper hand.

So at least you have an idea of when a possibly huge crave might hit. Be ready for it! If your not blindsided then it's easier to defeat those craves.

Your doing a great job on that quit and I wish you the best in both the quit and the surgery.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!

0 Kudos
wishingstar

that is great. keep at it 

renee 2 weeks

0 Kudos
Chris265

Congratulations – you are starting week 3.  Cigarettes won’t help your surgery or the healing process, so focus on something else.  You’ve come way too far to start over.  Good Luck with your surgery – Won’t it be nice to see again!

0 Kudos
Susie49

My eye  surgery was a breeze its the eye drops that got me....DO NOT let your brain work around the possibility of a smoke, , ,it will creep in and take over. Crush it now and work around it..smoken is NOT an option!!!period Good luck and stay strong

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on 15 days! No luck needed for this - it is in your control! And - you are doing it! Protect your quit! Stay close!

0 Kudos