cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Shadow420nc69

Day 1 cold turkey tips please

Any tips for day 1 going cold turkey I was a very heavy smoker but I am tired of throwing my money away 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @Shadow420nc69   I didn't quit cold turkey, but no matter how your quit, the premise is the same.   Have your been reading to educate yourself about nicotine addiction?  It really helps to understand the various stages of this journey.  And have a plan in place with the tools you'll use and the new associations you'll create instead of smoking, leads to success.

We all have our preferences.  I used Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws.  Taking a walk, even a short one, is a great way to pass through a craving.  Also practicing deep breathing helps many quitters.

Taking the Daily Pledge is a great way to stay on track each day.

We're here to support you, so just reach out anytime.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Here is some helpful info I gathered.  If you use the search feature you will find more.  Education is the key to a successful quit, no matter what method you use. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Quitting-Methods/COLD-TURKEY-QUIT-TIPS-AND-INFO/m-p/94106#M236...

Barbscloud

@Shadow420nc69  How are you doing?

Carol6

@Shadow420nc69 You're on day 14 I think.  Please come and spend some time here. I'm just ahead of you in my quit a little bit.

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos