cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

sheila12

DAY 13 ---HAVING A HARD TIME!!!!

Hi! I am new here- finally got my computer back working after trying to join last week..

I have been on Chantix for a month or so- and have been QUIT for 13 days.

The urges today & yesterday are so strong...
Thought they would not be so bad-

I AM STRUGGLING not to smoke. I"m getting thru the urges-the triggers-- but have realized it is the STRESS that I am having a hard time not to smoke thru...
Please help me if you have any ideas.

I have smoked for 27 years- I am about in tears as I write this- cuz I want to smoke.. ISN'T THAT THE CRAZIEST THING??? IS THIS NORMAL?? I even kind of miss them-- WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING????

It is crazy how my mind is rationalizing to smoke--I am thinking dumb things- like- I can smoke right now and NO ONE would know...
OH---- Just need some help-
IM NOT GONNA SMOKE!!! IT IS NOT AN OPTION!!! I feel like I am going crazy and wondering if I got a placebo or something- it didn't seem this HARD last week....If anyone can help me- please ..Thank you for listening...
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
nancy41

Oh Sheila, I feel for you! I am on day 5 of not smoking and I know it's tough! But YOU have to be strong and overpower this addiction now! I just keep repeating - 'Cigarettes are not my friends - they want to kill me. I am not going to let them!' I smoked for over 36 years and right now is one of those times that I would have had one! If you signed up for the Chantix Get Quit now might be a great time to call a counselor! All the best to you!!!!
0 Kudos
sheila12

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somehow, I got thru the morning- and I DID NOT SMOKE!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so impressed by all the responses that I recieved-
THANK YOU all- my new SMOKE FREE friends!!!
0 Kudos