cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

tonyam7837

Cold Turkey versus Decreasing gradually until you quit

Some quitters just quit all at once. While others continue to smoke and decrease their cigarettes over some time until they quit.  Maybe both ways are difficult. But .It's been said that you just continue to quit until you finally get it. Like riding a bicycle you never really forget.

Labels (1)
12 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex's...I cut down smoking before quitting ... by the time I quit I was smoking a few days a week...it worked for me...but often not for others...you have to find that thing that works for you...I suggest you go to My Quit Plan and read and work the program.  Set a quit date and prepare for that day.  Stay close to the support for any and all help.  ~ Colleen 100 DOF 

0 Kudos
VAPEASDEADLY

My best efforts at countdowns always wound up with an explosion on the launch pad.

I had to Cold Turkey and rip off the bandaids. We harbor reconnects with quit avenues. I know I did. Keep a can of dip around even if i didn't it. Became a can of dip, became a nicorette gum with directions, became vape pen, All of which was keeping it in my system.
FWIW. 3-4 days was hard to say the least. But it is a memory which is indelible in my brain. YOU CHOOSE.
The Nic brain will tell you a bunch of crap to keep you from doing it. Which is why I have to check in here.  the nicotine brain still wants to rule the roost. But I kicked it out the door and locked it. 
Decision. No big deal Do or don't do.
Nic is telling you no way in hell But LIFE is saying Hey, Man there is a lot more to Life then Nicotine.

tonyam7837

Thanks for Sharing!

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 2:47 PM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

0 Kudos