cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancympearson

Cold Turkey Quitters

Ann, I didn't do the tracking. I just quit. I think they help but I wanted to quit when my courage allowed me to quit. If it feels right for you, do the tracking. It might get you to relax and get you used to quitting and it can take some of the fear away. It sure wouldn't hurt to do it. Stay close to this site and focus on the positive. Nancy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
647 Replies
tguinn

I'm new to the site. I am on day 3 of quitting and am looking for help. I wish I could find a support group that matches you up with someone who is exactly where I am in the quitting process and perhaps receive text messages or something along those lines where we can check in on each other with words of encouragement. Any ideas out there?

0 Kudos
ryancorie

Just started this group, hope to see some blogging going on.  Love the interaction with non-smokers like myself.  Hope you are having a nice smoke-free weekend....

Corie

0 Kudos
jtthamilton

WOW, not many cold turkeys??? I did this cold turkey!

0 Kudos
luisdeleon619

i did  it calling 1800 nobutts 

0 Kudos

This is my 3rd time cold turkey. Its my last!!!

0 Kudos
sweetshot1972

i did it cold turkey. i have been quit for 9 days.

0 Kudos
charo-lynn

I am a cold turkey exsmoker, I would like  to join your  group.,I failed every other way to quit and 42 days later I am still quit.

good luck with being an ex.smoker.

kindly charo lynn

0 Kudos
bob05jim29

I give you credit! I filled out a survey and got 4 weeks worth of the patch for free...maybe that is an option for some? I know all about living on a budget,...trust me!

0 Kudos
ryancorie

I thought we would have had more ex-smokers in this group, but maybe they are not using the cold turkey method.  I will keep this group going for a little while longer and see if we can get more members to talk about their quit.....

Corie

0 Kudos
lisa319

Hello, I am on my 2nd day Hopefully many moreday without..I choses to quit clod turkey becatuse i take curtain medication and i dont want to start taking another..This is my 4th attempt at quitting but my first quitting without any meds..

0 Kudos