cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancympearson

Cold Turkey Quitters

Ann, I didn't do the tracking. I just quit. I think they help but I wanted to quit when my courage allowed me to quit. If it feels right for you, do the tracking. It might get you to relax and get you used to quitting and it can take some of the fear away. It sure wouldn't hurt to do it. Stay close to this site and focus on the positive. Nancy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
647 Replies
ellen5

One more thing I forgot to mention. I am 54 years old and have most recently taken up biking and weight lifting. I could NEVER have done this if I was still smoking. I feel better than I have in years!
0 Kudos
ellen5

Thanks, Bonnie. You WILL be there. Every day gets easier. Interestingly enough, the only time I think about smoking is when I'm on this website! And then I'm thinking how glad I am tha I don't smoke anymore!
  And congratulations to you Dave!
0 Kudos
lee5

Yesterday was 10 days for me, seemed like the hardest day for me since I quit but I was able to get through it and feel 100% better today. Never thought I could do it this long but I know the support on here has been a big part of it!
0 Kudos
ellen5

Good for you, Lee! I PROMISE the worst is over. Like I said before, I never think about it anymore. I'm actually disgusted by the smell of stale cigarettes on people I pass. In my former quits I was of the mindset that they were the "lucky ones" because they could still smoke. Not anymore!
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Lee, that is really awesome to make it 11 days! You are on your way to a whole new life! I know some days are a lot harder than others. There are so many variables....causes for feeling crappy. I've discovered there are days when I feel nervous, etc., but then I have to think, "Did I take care of myself today?" If your blood sugar gets low or you drink too much coffee or forgot to take your vitamins...maybe you didn't get your heartrate up for a sustained bit of time...whatever, there are always reasons why we sometimes feel bad even for someone like Ellen and me. Anyway, I'm glad you're having a good day now. Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

We're leaving tonight for Oklahoma to see my brother-in-law get married, so I won't be back on here until next Wednesday. I just wanted you to know in case you're wondering where I am. You all have a wonderful, smoke free weekend! Sending big hugs.... I'll miss you!
0 Kudos
lee5

2 weeks today for me cold turkey,,very proud of myself this far. Hopefully I can keep it going. Taking it one day at a time. Thanks for the encouragement.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hi All! I'm back from my trip. It sure was good to get home! I don't make a very good traveler. I'd sure be happy if everyone would just come visit me instead of me flying and driving all over the country, but it was a beautiful wedding. I'm glad we went, but I'm hoping not again for a good long while.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Lee...Looks like you're going on 3 weeks by now! You're doing great! You've really got a good quit going....just keep up whatever you're doing, because it's working!
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hi Debbie! Welcome to Cold Turkey, Anyone! How is your quit going? Is there anything any of us can help you with? Be sure to click on View All up above and read the discussions. Feel free to start one, too. Don't be shy about commenting. We'd love to hear about what's going on in your life.
0 Kudos