cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

cindy16

Chantix side effects

People have mentioned really life threatning and bad side effects. Depression, suicidal;, migranes. I'm on chantix but all this makes me nervous. I wonder what the percentage is of people who have these adverse side effects. I have had a pressure headache but I think that is from my sinuses and allergies acting up. I have had nausea in the morning, night ok. I see my doctorthis afternoony for sinuses and allergies I will talk to him. I want to stay on chantix. I think it's goiing to work. But worriied about these adverse side effects. Can you tell me your experience with the med?
Cindy
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
cindy16

You are oding great. Today is my first day. Been almost 24 hrs. Will be at 7:30 pm. I will be your quti buddy. Email when you want to smoke.Cindy
0 Kudos
scott16

I have been smoke free for 60 days now. On day 51 I made a decision to stop taken Chantix. Over time I have been very unhappy (depressed) and didn't know why since I have finally stopped smoking. Hoping in time this will pass. On the morning of day 51 I woke up and had suicidal thoughts. This has never happened to me before and I knew it was the medicine and moved on. I loved my life and not for a minute was I going through these thoughts. What bothers me is this side effect is all over their web sites.
0 Kudos
supermommy4

I also have been on Chantix for 1 mo & the worst side effect has been being tired. I was wondering if it's the pills or lack of nicotine also. I am a very busy mother of 4 and find it very hard to get through my long days. I noticed I haven't been taking them regularly because of this and therefore I am still smoking 2-3 sickoretes a day. Hopefully you get some more feed back on being tired so much and I'll keep stopping back to check. I know if you take Chantix on a full stomach the nausea lets up quite a bit, but you need to eat before you take it.
0 Kudos