cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

leigh

Chantix not working?

I've been on Chantix for 45 days now and have had no effects at all, other than being a bit more tired than usual. I quit once before using Wellbutrin, but when I tried it again it did nothing for me. That was 4 years ago. Now with Chantix, nothing. Is my body immune to this stuff or what?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jamie-bryer

oh my god. chantix made me sooooo sick. i couldnt take them anymore. i lost soo much weight because i was like barfing every morning. and it didnt help at all. BACK AWAY FROM THE CHANTIX!!!!!!!
0 Kudos

I took chantix and on the second week (2 tablets per day) I became so out of control I almost lost my friends and became aggressive and impossable to live with. Perhaps it was a reaction with paxil that I have been taking for 5 years ? Jacob Visser
0 Kudos
sheryl2

This is weird how people react. I was scared of the side effects and it only made me very sleepy in the first week. I did start to lose some sleep and have some vivid dreams in Week 3 but I kept at it and they were gone in a week.
0 Kudos
leigh

Me again. I upped my chantix does to 1/mg twice a day (my doc had prescribed .5/mg twice a day which was not working AT ALL. The worst side effect I have had is nausea which did keep me from smoking. I am now 7 days smoke free and beginning to cut back on the Chantix.
0 Kudos