cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
SaraSmile

I just celebrated my 30 days yesterday!  Woooo Hoooo!!

I got there w/the help of Chantix and more importantly, the support from strangers that have become friends!

We need to get this group going, let people new to Chantix and this site know that being FREE from smoking is within REACH! 

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT TRY!  THAT CAN'T HURT.  TRYING NEVER HURT ANYONE!

Smoking does.....

Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
Rick_M

Good going Sara. Ya look kinda lonley on here.

Stay with it girl, ya know it just gets better........

0 Kudos
louise13

I will be starting Chantix again for the third time and this time I will be eating more. I agree the feww crackers or a cookie just doesn't cut it. I really liked the Chantix but after eight weeks I ran into a problem with my stomach, but hope to make my quit date the 1st of Jan. Wishing everyone a Beautiful Christmas and Very Happy New Year!!! Louise 🙂

0 Kudos
stndfirm

I tried Chantix three different times.  On Chantix, I got down to smoking one cigarette in the morning and one at night.  It was my downfall to hang on to these two cigarettes.  I eventually went back to smoking full time.  Chantix is wonderful in my opinion.  The dreams are not that bad, but do take it with food or you will be very nauseous.  It can cause depression, which is what happened on my last try with it.  This time, I decided to just use this website and sheer determination to quit.  It's going to be difficult because my husband will not quit with me.  But thats ok.  I just view it as something that I have to do for myself with or without him.  I pray he follows after I quit.  But, I am not holding my breath.  LOL!!  GOOD LUCK AND STICK WITH CHANTIX!!

0 Kudos
john-h.3

I have been somke free 9 days this time I have used Chantix in the past and am useing it again. I whent over 4 monthes last time before I started back up. My triggers are stress and the smokers in my life. This time my wife is also guit so it will be somewhat better. I quit drinking in my mid twenties and quit hard drugs in my late twenties and they were easy compaired to ciggs.

0 Kudos
neenop

I started using Chantix a week and a half ago, and my quit date is tomorrow, January 29th...........I hope I can get some helpful hints on this website.  This is about my 8th time trying and I know this time it will become SUCCESSFUL.  Wish me luck!!

0 Kudos
jestersnow72

Chantix has been a life saver for me. I started taking Chantix three weeks ago. I was smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs per day for the past year or so and before that I was smoking 4 packs per day for most of the 25 years that I have smoked. I am now down to 10 cigarettes per day and I am very happy with the results from Chantix. it puts my mind in a state to where I just don't have the desire to smoke. The only reason I am still smoking at all is because it is a habbit. I am use to getting up and going out to the garage to smoke. It always gave me something to look forward to. I am working on breaking that habit. I have not had any side effects from Chantix other than headaches for the first week of taking it. After being on it for two weeks the smell of cigarettes in the air began making me sick and my coffee didn't even sound that good, which is fine with me since coffee and smoking go hand in hand for me. I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about taking Chantix. You need to let you doctor know what medications you are on and if you have any psychiatric conditions. For me, this has really been a life saver.

0 Kudos
luna4

Took my first dose of Chantix today! Quit date 4/24  🙂   Praying for no side effects!

0 Kudos
sotuntava

Chantix is awesome!

0 Kudos

I started Chantix on April 1, 2011 and haven't smoked one cigarette since. It's incredible to have life back with no chains.. Be strong. Your future is right in front of you! 

0 Kudos