cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
pojo

I am on the upside of 6 months as a non smoker in about 2 weeks!  WooHoo!!  On 7/2/10 will be my 6th month anniversary!  Yay!  Hooray!  WooHoo!  Now to all you other Chantix users:  Did anyone gain weight from the Chantix?  I only used the Chantix for 3 1/2 months--that's all--didn't really increase my eating-always did eat 3 squares a day and whatever else I wanted-so once I started quitin-I actually started making better food choices also--ya know--whole grains-high fiber=veggies, beans very litte meat and lean cuts of course.  Dude-still went from a size 4 to a 10,,,ok....maybe an 11/12-whatever, it's just a number...but yeah--I understand that some weight gain is normal and to be expected but GEEZ=this is getting ridiculous or however you spell it=LOL!  BTW:  Had a physical--it's all good...cholosterol, blood sugar and all that jazz-doc says it's all good.....so what you say folks....anyone else gain 30 or more lbs ......or is it just me?

0 Kudos
lois2

pojo i gain 20lbs when i quit the last time. i am on chantix, i don't think chantix makes a person gain weight. i hope i don't gain 20 this time. you can lose weight you quit smoking didn't you. ?

0 Kudos
lois2

i am on my way, to the big quit,

0 Kudos
charliej

Good Lois, Good. 

0 Kudos
lois2

Well i did quit again, one day at a time,

0 Kudos
lynne4

It has been a year and I am thrilled.  I started off with taking Chantix and so glad I did.  To those of you just starting out - I was a die hard pack a day and now haven't had a puff in over a year.  Stick to it, it is so worth it - so freeing and finally I am in control of my life!  Hang in there!!

0 Kudos
lois2

thanks to all for the support, i am on the wagon again,

0 Kudos
lois2

i am on my way to a smoke free body, day 3 WOW

0 Kudos
Rick_M

WTG Lois you got a great start to your quit going.....keep it up

0 Kudos
lois2

thank you RickM N.O.P.E.  has not been easy, but i new what i was up agasit, one day at a time,

0 Kudos