cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
brian39

Heather great job hitting it straight on. Some things we do have to do but i had one thing I avoided for 2 months because I wanted to be strong enough to destroy it when I faced it. Jennifer welcome to the world of Chantix. The best side effect is that you wont smoke. I loved my vivid dreams and miss them now. I woke up 5 or 6 times a night but I lived with that. Well looks like you will have the treat of be a non smoker this Halloween.
0 Kudos
lois2

Chrissy, Spunkie, i hope you all will get feeling better soon, hang in there Jennifer, it is worth it i had bad mood swings and agitation. my p.a. gave me a drug call Pristiq she said they work good with chantix and they do. good luck Heather ann00 you will do fine.
0 Kudos
chrissy5

JENNIFER, That Is Why We Call Chantix The Miracle Drug, It Made Me Feel The Same Way When I Smoked I Use To Just Smoke Half Near My Quit Date Also. My Dreams Were Sexual 🙂 I Miss Them 😞 Anywho I AM SMOKE FREE AND LOVING TO BREATH.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Hi everyone have a great day glad we have some new friends here .. I have a ton of mail to answer since I have been missing in action.

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT..JUST...PAYING IT FORWARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos

I did it....faced the trigger and am still smoke free
0 Kudos
kristen14

Good for you Heather! That is a good sign that your quit is going to stick because you are very determined and have great will power!
  Jennifer welcome to the site and the group and the wonderful world of Chantix, I think everyone here has had one side effect or another from dreams, to bloating and bad gas lol but none of them are worth giving up quitting! I'll take short term crazy over long term lung cancer any day! lol
  Spunkie how are you feeling?
  Brian & Libby...fast approaching 1 year I am so excited for you both!
  I have been feeling crappy for about 2 weeks, it is the weather, season change and ragweed, I am also highly allergic to mold and the wel falling leaves do not help that at all. I just want it to be winter already!! lol

128 days! Woooooo
  I have stopped nicotine for 4 months, 6 days, 10 hours, 4 minutes and 53 seconds (128 days).I've not smoked 2568 death sticks, and saved $1,097.35.
  I've saved 8 days, 22 hours and 2 minutes of my life.
0 Kudos
chrissy5

HEATHER, If You Feel That You Can Make It. Then Go Get Em Tiger..... JENNIFER, The Mood Swings Might Be Due To The Chantix, I Was Just Lazy. But If The Vivid Dreams Are A Problem Then Take The Chantix Earlier On In The Evening. SPUNKIE, We Love Your Paying It Forward 🙂 Way To Go HEATHER, I Knew That You Can Do It If You Had That Much Power Behind It. Well My Fience Hasn't Quit Yet And I Am Always Smelling Him And Saying To Him Ewww You Stink. You Are Determined Like I Was 🙂 JENNIFER, I Loved My Dreams I Wish That I Can Get Them Back . KRISTEN, Congratulations On Yout 4 Mnths 🙂 I Have Been Quit For 7 Months And 9 Days 🙂 SMOKE FREE AND LOVING TO BREATHE 🙂
0 Kudos
jennifer57

The past few days the dreams were just vivid, last night though it was actually intense. At least 3 times I was in an elevator that was dropping and I woke up each time I was about to hit the bottom. I'm going to take my evening pill earlier tonight. My mood has definitely improved today and I am smoking much less. Even when I'm smoking I end up not wanting it half way through. 3 more days until I quit for good. Thanks for the advice!
0 Kudos
spunkie

First everyone join QPC group if you are not a member and wish Lois congrat's for 120 days 4 month quit ... Great Job Lois...

Heather so glad you are here and it sounds like your quit is strong !!!!!!!!!

Kristen I am feeling better still having problems but no big deal. Hope you are not over doing it with the boys in school,.

Chissy as always you are giving out such good advice. I have kind of started enjoying having parties for people on QPC it is fun .. I got interested because of Brian and Libby's one year coming up now everywhere I go someone is hitting a milestone it is fun ...

Jennifer I took my pill around 3 pm Dr. told me to and I didn't have much trouble with dreams at all they were more real but nothing bad. Keep us posted on how you are doing

Everyone be sure to go wish Lois congrat's at QPC group...

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT.. JUST...PAYING IT FORWARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
lois2

HEATHER anne 00 i am proud of you , you did face a big tigger but you did it,hang in there Jennifer i it is worth it, Chantix is great i did like the dreams, they made me sick , but i took them any way, good luck
0 Kudos