cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies
brian39

Lawrence what you are experiencing are triggers. Nicotine is out of your body now. Triggers can come on well past a year. Each season can bring on different triggers. Like mowing the lawn, If you smoked each time to got done mowing the lawn your going to want to have a smoke when you get done mowing the lawn. The great news is each time you work through a trigger you weaken it. By 3 months you will have weakened a lot of the triggers. I hope your starting to feel like a non smoker now. Congrats On a awesome 22 day quit. first 3 weeks can be the toughest, Im almost at a year and can go many days in a row without even thinking of a cig. But I also can still grt hit by a strong trigger out of no were. But quitting was the best thing I have ever done in my life. Be patient because you are at the point of your quit were things will slowly get better and better
0 Kudos
lawrence2

Thanks Libby. I guess I'm just looking for a time when I won't have to spend all day thinking about not smoking. You know what I mean? Some of the first few few days were very very stressful. It seemed I spent the entire day thinking of not smoking.
0 Kudos
lawrence2

Thanks Brian.
0 Kudos
robin24

60 days today! 60 days down.....a lifetime to go
0 Kudos
brian39

Way to go Robin. Awesome quit you have going. Your 1000% right we will be quitters till we pass away

Lawrence I will always remember what a guy told me when I was at about the same point in my quit as you. You sound just like me. You will not know when you have your first day of not thinking about smokes because you will not think about smokes that day. Your doing great.
0 Kudos
kristen14

Hey all I am REALLY sorry i have been missing so much, I have ben so busy and now...my allergies are kicking my butt! I hae ragweed season! Even mylittle one is bad this year,
  Anyway congrats and welcome to all the new people.
  DONT DO IT! That is the manra for the week! You are all great people and deserve to be HEALTHY!! NO SMOKING!
  Another saying..."This too shal pass"
  Cravings dont last foever, BE STRONG Chantix works I am living DEEP breathing proof!
  ❤️ to all
  Spunkie I hope your grandson is doing better!
  Will be back soon when I am not so exhausted 😉
0 Kudos
chrissy5

BRIAN, Thanks For Telling Me That I Look Better 🙂 I Do Feel A Little Bit Better, Now My Little One Is Getting It. LAWRENCE, I Think That You Are A Non Smoker The First Day That You Dont Have A Cigg 🙂 I Never Think About Smoking. Only When My Fience Smokes I Think Of How Gross It Smells. ROBIN, Congratulations On 60 Days. BRIAN, Well Said I Dont Think About Smoking Anymore. KRISTEN, Sorry To Hear That You Dont Feel Good, I AmNot Feeling So Great Myself. Where Is SPUNKIE? I Hope That Your Grandson Is Feeling Better 🙂 SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT 🙂
0 Kudos
spunkie

Wow I have missed alot too so sorry and I was having 5 month party over at the PC group 150 days of being smoke free it feels so good to follow you big quitters and you know so many are with me or right behind me all of us are smoke freeBrian, Courtney is going to win her fight she is part of our group now. Nothing ventured nothing gained now I am going to have to get more Spunkie and think of something good. Lois it is Friday and you are in my prayers. Lawrence day 23 by now that is great stick with us and you will have a life time quit (Brian is that something ventured).Keep me up to date and join the QPC group that is where we will have a party for you Lawrence when you hit 30 days. Let me know if you need help finding it .. Libby you just need to do this and it worked for me every time you type sign SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT and the mind will believe it after a while here I am 5 month and no craves at all NONE ..OK I have read more of your post Lawrence you sign everything SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT until your brain believes it also come to my page and watch my video it will make you laugh and help with your quit.
  Brian has great fact listen to them he sure helped me. Robin we had a party for over at QPC group. Kristen we sure missed you. Sorry about your allergies.
  There is more good advise about craving I used to say over and over during them even this shall pass just like Kristen says it works. Grandson is doing great and thank to all the family being put on meds early no one else got it.
  Hubby , Grandson and I went out to dinner remember my hubby is 5 month quit also so we ate out very nice. Chrissy boy Brian is right you look sooooo much better hope you feel better. Oh my now it going to go thru the family hang in there. If you noticed I was missing in action for a little while hubby and I of 44 years had a little tiff and I got upset (ha) what a waste of my time spent it pouting for nothing we always make up ... I just got my feelings hurt.

I think God put the words SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT in my head so I would type them here and others would be like be and start to believe it until like now it is a TRUE thing.
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT ..JUST... PAYING IT FORWARD
  LU GUYS
0 Kudos
lois2

i always got my feeling hurt easy, now that i quit smoking i think it is worst, i always hide in my cigs,sorry to here about your allergiesi went to the dr. last week for mine the golden rod is bad this fall, every body is going strong, i am a non smoker tell your self and it helps one day at a time i still think about smoking a lot it has been 117 days, but i dont smoke.
0 Kudos
libby

Spunkie, so glad your grandson is OK. I had a rough night. Started out pretty good, took pictures of my granddaughter getting her 1st haircut. Then met some friends, one friend, the other 2 friends of my friend. They are all part of a bereavement group, they all lost their husbands about a year ago. I found myself feeling alone even with people. I felt like I was forcing myself to be out and have a good time, most of the time I was wishing I was home watching tv or anything other than sitting around with 3 other 60 yr old women thinking we were going to meet the loves of our lives. Hey Spunkie 44 yrs is pretty good, you don't want to end up out looking for another man to train. Anyway, I was happy to get home and remind myself that what I had was not good and don't try to romaticise (sp?) it. I shouldn't be complaining, I have a wonderful family, going to New Orleans with my 2 sisters and 1 brother in a few weeks. Life is still good.
0 Kudos