cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lois2

Chantix-ers

Jennifer, you go girl, be tuff, tell the nic-demon to go to hello, i did a lot of self talk,glad to here Chrissy, Spunkie are feeling better,hugs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
618 Replies

Just wanted to let everyone know that I relapsed with one puff, got sick, and am back...Don't think I will do that again.....My new date is set for tomorrow, since this just happened, Thanks for your support and on my way with hell week again.
0 Kudos
chrissy5

BRIAN, You Are Right, Today Is 1 Year For You 🙂 CONGRATULATIONS 🙂
0 Kudos
brian39

Lois were is Hello 🙂 well my count down is on, In a funny way its a strange feeling being so close. Im I happy, just let me tell you that no matter how happy anyone is tomorrow, I will be happier. This is the milestone I have been working hard for and now its almost here. Stay strong everyone and Il be here tomorrow sometime. Man I have so many places I have to post tomorrow with people I know and my other site. But thats a goos thing. Chantix works and this proves it.
0 Kudos
kennth-backus

Had my last cig last night at 9:00 pm.This time is for good.
0 Kudos
kim3

I'm very afraid of starting Chantix from the side effects and sites i've seen on the suicide rate and depression factors of those taking it - if any body who's been taking it can offer me some personal opinions i'd appreciate that.
0 Kudos
lori39

Kim, I quit smoking after 21 years using Chantix. Please do not allow other's horror stories preventing you from doing what you need to do to save your life. I highly suggest you try Chantix; if it doen't work out for you, you can stop taking the pills. Chantix saved my life. I could not have quit without it. Good luck!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi, I have been smoke free for 3 days now. Today is my 4th day. Doing great. No cravings. I do get sick from the pill but I deal with it. Some interesting dreams but not every night. The later I take the last pill the more vivid the dreams. I hope I do not gain much weight. There is a Zumba class I'm joining. I'm going to try it out Nov 17 and see if I like it. Dance/aerobic class. I have been lifiting 10 lb weights every night at home. I hope to get in shape now not smoking. I'm small but need to tone.My husband still smokes. We always smokesdoutside so it has been ok.It has been nice here but getting cold this weekend . Will be glad not to be outside smoking..I really feel good about this quit..Asked pabout sucide and other adverse side effects. She has not experienced anyone having those. she thinks you would have to have tedencies prior.Good luck everyone.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
kerri311

Well tomorrow Nov. 8th is my quit date. I've had it set for a few weeks now and have been trying to separate myself from triggers. I've gone from 30 cigarettes a day to about 10 (but granted it took a lot of work and time). I started Chantix on Nov. 1st. I've noticed my cravings have subsided. Although I'm SO ANXIOUS about tomorrow. Thought it would be best to quit on weekend when I'm not dealing with stress of work! Only side effects I've noticed of Chantix is that every night I've had a lot of dreams. Nothing bad or too strange - in fact I love analyzing dreams so I can tell you why I had each one.....it's just odd for me to have so many EVERY night. Good luck to you all!!!
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Hi all, I started on Chantix 7 days ago. I set my quit date for November 15 and today is the first day I am having difficulties. I started the pills and immediately noticed the cravings were less and was able to cut my smoking in half right away. Today, this is all I can think of and really struggling with not smoking more than my quota.
0 Kudos
michael45

Today is day 15 of taking Chantix and day 7 without a smoke....
  Starting on a weekend was good for me. I no longer "Need" a cig like I did after a long flight or big meal.... At work I get up once an hour or so to have a smoke and realize that I threw them away and don't have any.... so I sit down and continue what I was doing.... Its not easy... but its not as hard as I always thought it would be....
  The dreams are the only side effects.... and I eat alot....but hopefully I will always be smoke free....
  GOOD LUCK
0 Kudos