cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

murel

Called the Dr

I called the Dr this morning and have an appointment tomorrow to get Chantix. This will be my second time taking it, but I know I will stay smoke free this time I can't take this stoping and starting any longer. Been trying to quite for last 10 years. I just hope my husband will help me out this time by not lighting up right in front of me and especially in the car, that is a rough one.
Murel
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
diana11

Get some candy to suck on or lilli-pops, my boyfriend smokes in front of me and as of right now it doesnt bother me. the smoke actually stinks. But I really thought it would. It did bother me last time. Hopefully it wont bother you.
0 Kudos
rosa

Murel,

I hope your husband helps and supports you soon with quitting. I thought that's what a partner for life is supposed to do! Maybe he'll be so proud of you and have such respect for you taking control over this that it might inspire him to quit too. It's really out of style nowadays. You can use the website that comes with the Chantix prescription called Get Quit which I found really helpful. Keep in touch and let me know what date you pick for your quit date. Good luck, you can do it.

Rosa
0 Kudos