cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

musicatokc

Buproprion

I tried it.  Took it for about 2 months.  Made me feel kinda speedy and gave me restless leg syndrome.  It did help me smoke less because it stimulates you and so you don't get that sleepy drowsy feeling that results from lack of nicotine.  But, you still have to use will power to keep from smoking.  You do think about smoking less though.  l quit for about 2 months but started right back up after I quit taking them. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
91 Replies
texheim

Hey,

I start tomorrow and I'll keep everyone posted.

0 Kudos
ninepatch

I took Wellbutrin for about 2 weeks and also broke out in horrible hives and swollen face hands tongue.  I ended up at the emergency room.  It was the only thing I had been doing differently so obviously I had a severe allergic reaction.  The doctor told me that the wellbutrin is time released and it would take a few days to get out of my system after stopping.  It took about 4 days to get back to normal.  Anyway that was 1 year ago and I didn't quit.  I'm just now on day 2 of becoming a non smoker.  I'm using the nicotine patch.  So far so good.  Still have strong withdrawls but I'm handling them one at a time. 

0 Kudos