cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

musicatokc

Buproprion

I tried it.  Took it for about 2 months.  Made me feel kinda speedy and gave me restless leg syndrome.  It did help me smoke less because it stimulates you and so you don't get that sleepy drowsy feeling that results from lack of nicotine.  But, you still have to use will power to keep from smoking.  You do think about smoking less though.  l quit for about 2 months but started right back up after I quit taking them. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
91 Replies
chicone

I MADE IT 1 DAY!!!!

Viv - I'm sorry yesterday was so bad.  Glad you were finally able to get your coffee in .  Sometimes, coffee is all it takes.  LOL.

Stay happy everyone!!!!

Onward and upward!!!!  Here I come day 2!!!

I have been quit for 1 Day, 39 minutes and 15 seconds (1 days). I have saved $7.96 by not smoking 27 cigarettes. I have saved 2 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/10/2010 11:18 PM

0 Kudos
viv2

chicone, I'm so happpy for you, I was afraid you you were having a bad day, but it sounds like you did ok   CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
nari

So for me, I broke out in a really bad case of hives. Two days later my face and lips swelled to at least double their size. I had no idea why I was and then my doctor mentioned that it was more than likely the bupropion. 

Also, I read an article claiming that you have to wean yourself off the medication because you can have withdrawl after going off of it. I thought I was being proactive by using it but I really should have read more of the symptoms. I've talked to quite a few people that have used it and the most common side effect (like you Travis) was extreme mood swings. 

I'm going it cold turkey now. I have the motivation and the support now I just have to keep up with it. One day at a time!

0 Kudos
mike8119

Made it through the trip smokefree. Endured the blizzard in Maryland and the five hour flight; the hassle at the airport, the rental car counter, etc. Would never imagined the profound difference in not having to smoke as compared to how I used to act when I was smoking and traveling. Always looking for that opportunity to light up. I like this new life.

0 Kudos
chicone

congrats Mike!!!! 

0 Kudos
viv2

Hi all, Not been too active, I've checked in a lot but haven't felt much like writing, Because of other illnesses, my pulled teeth really got to me. Bad infection, much pain, can't drink or eat, but I can still puff. Mostly I'm high as a kite.   But tonight is still going to be the end. I'm trying to figure out what to replace , gum, dum dums, and water with. Maybe the Gods will smile on me, and by morning I will be able to eat or drink.  If not ...I'll try a lot of deep breathing, and cussing

0 Kudos
viv2

My Dr threw me for a loop. We have discussed on here about Welbutron 150 and taking 1 AM & PM . While seeing him for the tooth thing I asked about going up to 300, he said great, but,, when my grand daughter picked up the RX this AM it is for 300mgs, to take in AM, will this work? Should I ask to have it changed to 150 x2 a day ?  Will taking 300 in the AM keep it going all day ?  Advice please  Thanks

0 Kudos
viv2

I had my last moke at 11:45 last night. so that means 12 1/2 now.  That isn't a big deal but what is  a big deal for me is that one of the first things I had to do after I got up was deliver some stock from one DQ to another, about a 115 mile round trip, and driving is one of my biggest triggers. I'm happy for me..!!!!!

0 Kudos
viv2

I just realized that I'm the only person on this site.

0 Kudos
nativegurl

I am taking wellbutrin to help me quit. My quit date is a while away but i think I am gonna move it up. I haven't really had any side affects from the wellbutrin. It says that you might experience a headache for a few days and that is all i had so I guess i am lucky. You all sound like you are doing great with quitting keep up the good work. Hopefully i make it through it. 

0 Kudos