cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancy

Are there any long term users? I've been on Chantix for 2 wks.

I've been on the med for 2 wks. Yes, I agree that I feel almost as crummy as I did while smoking(Where's my energy? Why am I still getting headaches? Why am I still outa breath and have a stuffy nose?) I figure I need to give more time. I also agree my moods are not great and I'm depressed and stuff. But I find that if I remind myself this is happening because of the meds and because I am not hanging out with the same people(well no one right now) it has a lot to do with it. I remind myself and force myself to get through this rough time. I think I made paperwork mistakes at work because of being on this medication . ( I lost my job over it too.:( ) I didn't know why I was making the mistakes cause I knew the paperwork but I kept doing the same wrong thing every time! So watch out for stuff like that! I didn't tell my employer or my doctor about this but I should have. I even walked out of work upset and crying and just didn't want to try and keep my job. DEPRESSION
If you are experiencing stuff that you don't think you can handle , tell your Doctor right away.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
cynthia5

mental ILL is deeper then just takeing a pill and it makes you depressed.
what i am saying is a pill can not make you depressed it has to be somthing that was going on with you before you started the pill.
as for your friends will if they were REAL friends they woukld understand that you are going through somthing in your life right now.
you see real friends do not run off when there's hard times.
Now as far as your JOB goes......well messing up isnt good but it has to be more then that.
take a long look at whats going on in your life and look deep see whats really going on.
i think ppl read to much into all the side affects of chantix.
if you thank it's going to make you depressed then it will and if you want to blame loseing your job on a pill i would say that u need to get some help
best of luck and please dont give up
0 Kudos
nancy

Hello Scott ! , Well actually I allowed myself to slip. I was going on week two and I went to my exes for a week , I thought I'd be there only two days. But he procrastinated on telling me if I could get the car he had been promising me(I never did get it) I'm back to the start now... I'm not going back to the ex bf. If I even think of it , I want someone to shake me back to reality.
0 Kudos
diane

I started taking chantix and almost completed the entire 3 months,smoke free, then I went back to smoking. I asked my Dr for a refill and he gave it to me,and again the same thing, I quit smoking for a month or so and then stared again. my Dr gave me another refill. this time I'm almost 5 months smoke free. I have stopped taking the chantix about a week ago. I feel great about myself. I should tell you I'm 62 and have been smoking since I'm 13. So 50 some odd years of smoking and the last ten of them trying to quit.! I can't believe I've gotten this far..It took a while on the Chantix, but I believe this time, a day at a time, I have it where I'm in control, and the cigarettes are not! I still, also, get that feeling that if a cigarette were handy I could smoke it. But I like myself a lot better now. It is a sense of pride!
You don't realize how smoking controls your life. I have a lot of free time now!..Thanks for listening!
Diane
0 Kudos