cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

edith2

A big help!

I used the Commit .4 mg lozenges about 4 1/2 years ago and I am still smoke-free. They worked extremely well for me. I tried the patch one time when I was in the hospital and I had an allergic reaction to it. My arm felt like it was on fire! I tried the gum once and I didn't like it. I quit three times cold turkey and was stupid enough to start back up again. After my last relapse, I didn't quit again for 30 years. This quit is so different from the others. This is the longest I've gone on a quit. I don't get cravings anymore, I don't even think of smoking, even in stressful situations. I bought the lozenges at Costco, so I know I got the best price. I noticed last week that now they come in these small tubes, so they are easier to carry around. There are 168 in a package, and they cost less than two cartons of cigarettes. The only side effect I noticed was that after about 5 weeks, I did get sores in my mouth from sucking on the lozenges all the time. But I was well enough in my quit to stop using the lozenges and the sores quickly went away. I did not feel anxious or in a panick when I quit using the lozenges. I easily continued my quit. I think they are great! They worked for me.

Photobucket
I just found them on Costco.com and they are 69.99 a package before taxes. I think they are one of the best investments I ever made!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carol6

@edith2 Did you wean off of the lozenges?

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos