cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

stebunny

3rd month of Chantix

Hi Everyone,
I am going on my 3rd month of Chantix and I have to ask if anyone else has experienced what I have experienced. For a few days now I am having difficulty sleeping and as crazy as it sounds I am not sure what I dreamed or what really happened in real life. Maybe I am crazy?!? Tonight I am not going to take the Chantix and see if I can sleep more soundly throughout the night without waking to a dream or sound. I am very curious if anyone else has felt this and if you have any suggestions- I dont really want to mess up the dosing by skipping the night but I feel like I might be making myself over-exhausted with it. THANKS!
stebunny
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
stebunny

I am not sure how much it is without insurance- sorry 😞
0 Kudos
gypsywoman

wasnt sure if you got your answer or not but I payed about 120 dollars for my chantix without insurance. If you can not afford the prescription then check with your local health department they may be able to help you with it. Or you can call the makers of chantix and they will tell you how they may be able to help. Best of luck to you!
0 Kudos
branden

FYI Most INsurance Companies will deny Chantix, as did mine. However I dont take no for an answer, so I called my doctor back and asked them to call the insurance company for an explaination and I found out that they will cover Chantix if you join a Smoking Cessation program. And if you can read this you have joined a smoking cessation program. So when visiting your doctor and requesting the drug make sure your doctors office tells your insurance company you are on a smoking cessation program and if they still deny it, appeal it with your insurance company. They all have an appeal method and you will be surprised that they are just trying to see if you will put up a fight. So fight because Chantix is not cheap!!!
0 Kudos