Did you mean: 
terry-morache

Pet Lovers

Kodi playing in the snow
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
473 Replies
terry-morache

Thanks Jo Jo it was hard. Today I made another difficult decision that I feel ws the right one but I feel like such a woos for not doing it. I was supposed to go on a long hike today but when I got to the park there was a bear warning sign at the ranger station. I aksed the ranger about the trail I was supposed to hike and he told me there was increased bear activity on that trail and that he would not hike it with 2 dogs in tow. So I made the decision not to go and 2 other people from my hiking group did the same. We hiked a safer trail instead shorter but safer and the view was still beautiful. I could not take the chance with Kodi and Winston with me. If I was alone that would be one thing I could defend against a bear attack better than if I had Kodi and Winston on their leashes and I was not going to let either one of them run loose in bear country. I could not take that chance with them, I would have never forgiven myself if anything had happened to them.
0 Kudos
terry-morache

Thank you Cheryl, I am glad that I did not smoke. Instead of smoking I bought myself a chocolate ice cream cone at my favorite ice cream stand.
0 Kudos
terry-morache

0 Kudos
jo-jo

BEAR???!!! And you're a wuss for avoiding that? That's just smart. Of course, bears aren't around Sacramento at all... that's a little freaky to have bear warnings.
0 Kudos
christy6

Hey guys, I wanted to say hi to everyone, I think I joined this group because we took my cat to the vet for his vaccines and found out he has asthma, and Im sure it is due to my smoking so much in the house all these years, actually I think he is the reason I decided to quit and mean it. Im on 5 days but only 1 is nictine free, the others I used the gum, its slow going but Im gonna make it!
0 Kudos
terry-morache

Jo Jo Yeah at state parks and at some trail heads fish and game will post bear warnings letting people know that bears have been in the area or are in the area. The campground at the state park where I was supposed to go hiking had a black bear wandering around it. I would not have liked to be in a tent there.
  I am glad that I did not risk the boys on the hike, where I live wildlife is a part of life moose, bears both balck and brown (grizley) I just don't see the need to put myself into a dangerous situation especially if the dogs prey drive gets going.
0 Kudos
terry-morache

0 Kudos
terry-morache

Christy welcome. under the discussions there are articles about the effects of second hand smoke on our pets you could also ask your vet if you want more nformation. I used the gum as well and it made a big difference. Congratulations on your 5 days. I know that you can do this. Every time you want a cigarette pet your cat instead it helped me.
0 Kudos
cheryl2

Hi Christy! Congrats on every day that you have not had a cigarette! Who cares if only some of them were completely nicotine-free! If the gum helped you avoid smoking a cigarette than it was a big help!
0 Kudos
cheryl2

My babies:
0 Kudos