cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
Beck37

Thank you so much..... I was the one that was blessed to have her. I think God brought her into my life at that time for a reason. 

Beck37

I just heard something on tv and thought it was worth writing down and focusing on..

Don’t cry because it’s over, but smile because it happened....

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry for the loss of Sadie.  It sounds as if you have a lot of good memories to focus on. 

Beck37

Thanks so much....

Benedina

Beck37, I haven’t been here for awhile...thought I could quit before but just now quit vaping last Monday. When I logged on this morning, I saw your heart filling tribute to a cherished family member who was obviously deeply loved and cared for and in return, loved and cared back. My heart aches for you. I wish I had some great words of wisdom or insight to share with you. All I can offer..... is that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Beck37

Thank you so much for the kind words. She was beyond cherished. My Sadie and Milo were my first kids/dogs that never saw me drunk. My next will never have seen me smoke. I need to continue to become my better self for the ones I love. Hang in there with your quit. I am 15 months in. Keep doing you and working on becoming the person you want to be....

Beck

SuzyQ411

Congratulations on your continued quit in spite of these painful circumstances. I send you love and prayers for your healing of grief, taking the time you need to process it all and come to a peaceful state.peace image.jpg A symbol of peace~

Beck37

Thank you....

Tsaddik1

My most heartfelt condolences. My baby, George,  is 14 and I also love him more than words can express. Thank you, Beck37 for sharing your thoughts and feelings. They helped me more than I can say. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, hoping they may bring comfort to you.

Beck37

Thank you so much. It is difficult beyond words. This morning though I reminded myself on how Sadie lived. She was never sad. Life made her happy. She would not want me to be sad. She loved and lived with such enthusiasm. We cannot miss a moment of the joy they give us fearing the day we will no longer have them.... 

Beck