cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck37

My Sadie died today....

193EBDF4-2F4F-4B8C-8D0C-61CF74A23FA5.jpegMy Sadie passed away today, she was 14.. She died as she lived, on her own terms. My heart is broken.  She was my feisty girl not afraid of anything. She started going blind at 2 years old and lost all vision about 3 years ago. You would have never known she couldn’t see. She never let it slow her down or keep her from doing anything. She survived an aggressive rectal cancer 3 years ago, 2 bad knees and cushins disease. The only time I ever heard her complain thru all of this was when she was hungry and sure that I had forgotten to feed them. She was both loving and incredibly independent at the same time. It all happened so fast. Everything was okay until last night. Heavy panting, couldn’t get comfortable. This morning, the same. Wouldn’t eat her morning cookies, but ate her pills and a piece of cheese.  Couldn’t get comfortable, laid  outside (she loved the fresh air).  I picked her up, cuddled her. Told her we were going to go bye bye to buy gas and go to Sonic for her milkshake. She LOVED Sonic. She loved their mini vanilla milkshakes. I heard her come into the house. Saw her laying in the laundry room. A few minutes later I looked in on her again and noticed her head laying down and thought, good she’s finally sleeping.....  She was gone..... she didn’t get her milkshake. She didn’t say goodbye. It was so fast. She didn’t suffer. My heart is broken. 

I did not smoke. I did not drink. 

Beck

Tags (1)
80 Replies
YoungAtHeart

My very deepest sympathy on your terrible loss.  There are no words to make it better, but know that I am holding you close to give a bit of comfort.

With sympathy,

Nancy

Beck37

It is so hard. Wish my mom was here. I need a hug so bad. .Sadie was just so incredibly special.  I know it’s a blessing that she went quickly and I didn’t have to make the decision. But she went so quickly and I didn’t get to make the decision.....

Loretta39410

Hugs 🤗

0 Kudos
Sootie

I know the terrible pain you are feeling. Our family has been blessed to share our home with many,many pets over the years. Sadly, their lives are shorter than ours. I know that they made us better people by showing us how to live with unconditional love and joy. Let this comfort you----you gave her a wonderful home and a wonderful life and she died in the place she loved best with the people she loved.

Beck37

Thanks Sootie.... I knew she would be a tough one to lose. Even with all the pain I am feeling right now I would not trade it for the 13 years that she gave me of laughter, sass and love. She was pure character. She had the biggest heart...... 

Strudel

Oh how very sad....I am so sorry. Please take very good care of yourself during this very difficult time. 

Beck37

Thanks so much....

Maki

Beck , thank you for sharing your story of Sadie . I'm so sorry for your loss . Thinking of you . I can't make the hurt go away , but I want you to know your Sadie was so blessed to have you as her owner and pet parent as much as you were blessed to have her .

Beck37

Thanks so much.  I was so blessed to have her in my life. She rescued me more than once. She was my feisty Angel.....