Musicians

LUCKY 7 🙂 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
mitchy48

MY GUITAR HAS NICOTINE STAINS ON IT!

Hi All,
  I've been a musician since I was 16, been in a few good bands (original music), and I came here for some support from fellow musicians who are quit, or are trying to...
  I've smoked far too long and it's time to grow up and respect my health.
  Can I hear a "Hallelujah?" lol
  Here's a link to one of my tunes called "Everyone's Dead"------I don't wanna be there!
  href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-tP6gJsjo">

Peace,
  Mitch
0 Kudos
darahart

Tomorrow, I will be singing for the first time without a cig before the show.....or after the show....or during the show....gulp..... I think Im almost ready for screamo, today has been hard. Big day 5! Wish me and my nerves luck for day #6...... 🙂
0 Kudos

my guitar is the same way, I look at it and see what i put into my lungs, it's crazy
0 Kudos
mitchy48

Hi all,
  I can't believe that with so many members, there's so few musicians on board.
  I'm pretty sure that there are more than 9 musicians out there who have quit, or are in the process.
  Despite the ciggy/music connection for so many years, I believe it's possible to 'refocus' on our instruments/recording without that 'hyper-chain-smoking' habit. I have a home studio, and I find it hard to NOT smoke a whole pack when recording/performing/mixing, etc. This must end!
  And I believe that it's possible with a little information, and some 'self CBT'.
  Alternatives are out there in abundance......herbal tea, tai chi, deep breathing, et.al. I find myself "having to smoke" before, during, and after a performance, or a recording session. It's just a 'Have-It', and it can be broken.
  "As you think, so shall you be".
  In the future (Actually starting last night) I put down the cigarettes and just FOCUSED on my instrument. It was good.
  But, I'm so rusty due to NOT focusing, and feeding my habit for 25% of the time that I'm practicing.
  Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing?
  Mitch
0 Kudos
david-hibling

Its that smoky image of a jazz bar in New Orleans - a cafe in the Marais Paris with Gainsbourg puffing away whilst he sings - Marlene in germanylighting a cig under the lamplight - images icons - but hey since I stopped smoking my voice has come back with breath and as I sing now and then professionally it has been vital! Perhaps we need to re create the aforesaid images with just a glass of something and the potency of sound and make it one more for my baby and one more for the road
0 Kudos
mitchy48

James,
  thanks for posting!
  Have U set a q-date?
  I'm a pro/amateur musician with a full midi/audio studio.
  I have 12 guitars, yet barely play them.
  I've done digital recordings for 3 local releases.
  Big deal.....
  What I'm focused on is my quit date of 11/21.
  Where are you located? I'm in New Haven, CT, USA....
  I wish you the best with your quit.....feel free to add me as a 'friend'.
  Mitch
0 Kudos
cherie3

Well I have been smoke-free for almost 2 months now... I do so love to play guitar, though just for myself, at home. I miss writing songs & playing them while smoking a cig... but so far I'm doing it!
  😉
0 Kudos
david-v

Anyone heard anything from dara??
  MIA
0 Kudos
mitchy48

grg,
  There's a drummer across the street playing his brains out. I'm so tempted to knock on his door!
  As far as quitting, I've done it for 3 months, and I never felt so alive and energetic.
  I hope it works for you.
  My cat has ruined my Harke bass amp by clawing at the cover, then clawing at the speaker!
  I'm going to check it out now-----perhaps she added to the distortion/tone.
  If not, I'll have to get a new one.
  Peace, and Keep the Quit!
  Mitch
  (mitchy48)
0 Kudos