cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pam10

Residential

Hi. I hope everyone is doing well and staying smoke-free!!! I think of you all often and wonder how everyone is doing. Feel free to drop me a note or send a blog to the group. I've had a few calls from past patients who have told their friends about our program. If any of you know someone who would like to attend, the next Residential Program is June 6-13 and then again August 8-15.

I hope you're enjoying this site and finding it helpful. Take care.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
abbe-d

Hi Pam. Tomorrow will mark 4 weeks smoke-free, and I can hardly believe it! It is still tough, but I know I do not EVER want tobacco in my life again. I am now trying to convince my mother to come to the program, but she keeps making excuses, so I realize she's just not ready yet.*sigh* Oh well. I will keep reminding her though, and I am always telling her awesome things we learned about in the program and the awesome people we met- you guys as well as my group. She'll come around eventually.

Take care and talk to you later,

Abbe
May '08 grad
0 Kudos
Pam10

That's awesome Abby. I'm glad to hear you're encouraging your mom to come. Hopefully, you'll be your mom's inspiration as well as others. Have you checked out some of the other groups? I read some of the comments on the "I am an Ex" group; you may find that group helpful too. Thanks for the note.
0 Kudos
robbie6

HI PAM.

IT IS ROBBIE TUCKER, CLASS OF JANUARY 08,

Hope you are well. I am wondering how to get off the nicotine gum I chew all day. To be honest, I think I don't chew it the correct way and just keep chomping away, but can't seem to stop. I really want to be nicotine free and now can't seem to stop the gum. I tried gong back n the patch but it didn't help. indtead of somkng frst thing in the am. now i chew gum!!!!
So, I still am addicted to the nicotine

any ideas???
0 Kudos
Pam10

Hi Robbie. It's nice to hear from you and glad to hear you're still smoke-free. Good for you! I see you also sent Dr. Hurt a note in regard to the gum chewing. He is the best person to help you address this issue. I'll also ask Barb to get in contact with you. Between Dr. Hurt and Barb I'm confident they will be able to offer good advice for you.

Thanks for the note. I'm glad you're doing well and asking for assistance as you go.
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

abbe-d  and robbie6 

Sorry we do not have a May or January 2008 private group to connect with other participants.  I did wonder how you both were doing and if you're still quit. If so, what was your quit date.  Would be great to hear from some people who used the residential program at Mayo and see how they are years later. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos