cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jeanie4

Taking Chantix & Bipolar

I have Bipolar II and am going to try Chantix.  I've tried to quit many times with NRT, but the cravings are just too bad.  Has anyone else tried Chantix?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LindaLouise

I'm no expert, I just heard that chantix is not recommended for people (like Me) with mental health conditions.  I do know that in my case, cold turkey is the way to go. Please talk to your doctor and let him know what your concerns  are. Don't know too much about your situation or your particular stressors and reasons to quit. I have 80 DOF and I could not be happier about it. It is really a simple thing... You make up your mind to quit... and then you honor that commitment you make to your self. Tell your self what ever you need to to make it happen. I told myself that I have had 50 years to smoke and after 12/25/2018 I can't. I had plenty of time to smoke, now it's time to quit and give my body a break. After a certain date, I did not allow myself to smoke anymore. This can be done. Don't make it awful. It is a wonderful thing you are doing for your self and your loved ones. Be glad to provide support msg me if you want. We can share bipolar stories. lol All the best to you!  

JACKIE1-25-15

This person has not been here since 2010. Maybe they will respond maybe not. 

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s , glad you found our site.  I don’t know much about Chantix.  I have a sister that is bipolar and quit smoking cold turkey.  Please talk to your Doctor.  Also, might I suggest you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX where you will read about Quitting and plan your quit and quit date.  We are all in this journey together, keep close to the site.  Quitting isn’t easy, but preparation, knowledge and hard work makes it doable. ~ Colleen 102 DOF