cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

lea2

Symbyax

Hi Everyone,

I went to my doctor yesterday and let him know that I had quit smoking. He started me on a new medication called Symbyax. I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has tried this and what they think about it.

Warmest Wishes,

Lea
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jen_marie

I would love to know how the med is working. Please keep me posted as I will research this medication. What meds were you on previously?
0 Kudos
leslie5

Did he say why he changed your meds.? Does the smoking alter evrything that much? I did notice that since I quit I"ve gotten short fused to alot of things. I'm on Abilify and Lamictal. You have me wondering now.
0 Kudos
paula19

that is one i never heard of, could you please tell me exactly what it is used for and how new it is!! i am needing some kindda change here!! thanks ps. i am on lamictal 300 mg, and klonopin i been on for 11 years, when i got into this quit smoking crap, i get awful mood swings especially the longer i stay quit!!! the depression just doesnt get better for me!! this stupid illness makes it worse and that is a proven fact!!
0 Kudos
jen_marie

I am on Lithium and Zoloft and I am down to 4 smokes a day and my desire to smoke is still decreasing. I am not having the mood swings I thought i would have. When I feel on come on, i just remind myself what it is all about and i don't have to reach for that cig. I also use the tv commercials for inspiration. I have learned to talk on the phone without a cigarette and now I need to learn to drive without one. Paula, talk to your Dr. and if he/she doesn't give you the information you need, keep looking. There is no harm with interviewing your shrink. They should take you seriously and work WITH you not FOR you. Plus, 11 years is a long time to be on the same meds. Maybe it is time to switch it up.
JenMarie
0 Kudos