cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

katheen

Smokebriety and Sobriety

Well I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said that he is going to give me acuputure so it'll help me out a little more.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
110 Replies
linda53

will do peace and love ar. hippie
0 Kudos
jv_

Thought to Ponder . . .

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .

S I T = Stay In Today.
0 Kudos

Just wanted to reach out to my fellow online community supporters and say I felt this may be a great group to join! I celebrated 12years of recovery from all mood and mind altering substances this year, May 10, 2209 and I am finally chemical free when I decided to put nicotine in there as well on May 10, 2009. Peeling the onion, so to speak, as a result of ridding myself of this dependency to nicotine....I was doing a great deal of writing the other day and discovered (on paper) that my attraction and love affair to cigarettes began at the age of 5 while being manipulated by an older person. What I am discovering is my HP has made fit for me to rid myself of this addiction to nicotine only to replace it with some soul work...wow....life is awesome and intense!!! Thanks for letting me share myself here and I look forward to be able to do the same from you! Peace and shine our light
0 Kudos

ok 2209 should be 2009! Wow talking about living in the future....what?
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

My apologies folks for not looking here sooner. I was the only one posting here for so long that I just moved it into my morning or evening meditations and figured........wrong........LMAO. I also turned off the E-mail notices. Shame on me! Welcome folks! I am glad to see you all and to see SO MANY OTHER QUITS. My life is so much better now that I deal with it all straight.
  Jim
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Welcome Anita......I'm getting better at looking in here....it was very quiet here for a long time so I have gotten used to not many conversations going on. CONGRATS ON THAT YEAR! I do as well! Clean is the deal FOR SURE! Feel free to stop by ANYTIME and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Not surprising.......How many of us do you think.... ;-)...........LOL
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

We train ourselves to have good or bad obsessions I think. I have always been obsessed with knowledge and skills. But just like any of the others one could overdo a good thing and turn it into a destructive one. Working out could also prove to be that as well. We are an interesting lot......... 🙂
0 Kudos
ali2

Interesting? LOL That is one word IU have never been called........I like it though. My mind is very complex and it really messes with me. UGH
0 Kudos
jv_

is there anyone visiting this group??????

please let me know, thank you

love n joy
  jv
  ------------------
  AA Thought for the Day
  (courtesy AAOnline.net)

August 1, 2009

Resentments
  Perhaps "justifiable" resentment is the trickiest of all to handle.
  It's the end product of "righteous" anger, after long cherishing,
  and if it is allowed to continue, it will slowly undermine our defenses
  against taking a drink.
  Even if we have been treated shabbily or unjustly,
  resentment is a luxury that, as alcoholics, we cannot afford.
  For us, all anger is self-destructive.
  - Living Sober, p. 39

Thought to Ponder . . .

Anger rules nothing except itself.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .

A A = Avoid Anger.
0 Kudos