cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

katheen

Smokebriety and Sobriety

Well I went to the Dr. yesterday and he said that he is going to give me acuputure so it'll help me out a little more.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
110 Replies
bird

I just want to say hi and I am so happy this group is here---I said I was going to quit when I got to one year of sobriety (from alcohol) and now I am coming up on 2. So I am planning and hoping to quit 11/24/09--two months before my two year anniversary. Glad you guys are here!

0 Kudos
brendalee

Just been smoke free since November 6th, 2009 my birthday. What a present to give myself. But this ain't easy. Got 22 months sobriety, by the way.

0 Kudos
erica22ex

After being clean for 7 months I had a relapse and overdosed.  I made one month clean on the 5th (yay for me) and I started quitting cigarettes on the 1st.  It's hard becuase all of my friends either use or smoke or both...im just looking for some outside support since i can't get it from my friends

0 Kudos
ray11

Wow; Glad to see all you others that had multiple addictions. I quit alcohol about 3 years ago: ulcer opened and when I took a beer was like I was sticking a knife in myself, so alcohol was easy to stop. Narcs, in my case Percocets; they are not so easy. I have a legitamate need for them but I used more to make me generally  feel better. I am down to 2 a day and will stop soon. The tylenol in them has damaged my liver, my kidneys, affecting my vision. Probably more damage. Doc gave me 2mg Ativan which I cut into 4ths, to ease any withdrawal symptoms. Lol, it takes my body screaming in pain to listen to it tell me how much addictions are damaging me!

Got a feeling I shall be backoften when the heavy cravings and withdrawal symptoms start Thanx for your support!

Ray

0 Kudos
olivia

So glad this group exists! I am an alcoholic as well as a nicotine addict. I had 1 year Sober from alcohol 2 years ago and decided I would just drink "On the weekends". As you all know......that didn't work out, lol! Anyways, here I am today.....Jan. 1st 2010. No more Booze and took my last puff at 1am last night. I am using the patch due to failing with Cold turkey a couple months ago and REALLY want to quit smoking. If the patch will aide me in my quest, I am all for it. So glad this group is here, thanks Jim for starting it. I was on this website months ago and loved your energy and positive "no bullshit" attitude! Here's to the future!!

0 Kudos
brandils67

Not many people posting here but I liked what Jim had to say about being sober and not really feeling free of addiction while still smoking. I got sober in the mid-80's practically a requirement to smoke and drink coffee at meetings. In recent years, my sober friends are dropping like flies when it comes to smoking. I am one of the last who still does. 25 years on 12-2 and I was only a baby when I quit drinking. 18 years old, have been smoking for 27 years. That's not a milestone I want to continue for any more days of sobriety. My quit date is 2-22.  I wanted 1-22 but the system said to go through the process. I am doing whatever it tells me to do.

0 Kudos

Im the only one here! i dont want to be talking to myself, so join the group and comment back! 

0 Kudos
adammf83-2

funny idea with the mads thing

0 Kudos
tomthetool

Hope none of you Matts are drinking and smoking right now... it's only 8:14am.

well, drinking is ok.

smoking, no good...

0 Kudos
SarahP

Not really sure what the story is with this Group... are you Matt? Are you asking for help or is this tongue-in-cheek? Please write on the main Blogs page, that's where the community hangs out, and is where you'll get the best level of support for your quit. We have quitters in all stages, and quitters dealing with all different challenges (including alcohol-based relapses). 

Come to the main page and tell us your story! 

0 Kudos