cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

WhispersQSMB

Sharing this as he asked to spread his word and help someone lurking to take that first step to quit COPD

Mike has decided to share his story and try to help others quit, he didnt listen earlier and hopes someone out there lurking will.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
16 Replies

I wish there were a helpful button for blogs!

Image result for helpful button

I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I know the emotional pain of having COPD. I am Stage III and 2 liters 24/7. I was diagnosed in 2010 and went to oxygen last year. I also have asthma so they combine in ACOS which is worse than one or the other. COPD is no joke!

LLAP

marciem

I have COPD also, and it limits me.  No one so far has told me a stage, but I'm only on inhalants and recently got a "rescue" inhaler that doesn't do much.  I've been told "severe" and  I'm certainly limited, but as yet no oxygen prescribed.  I'm currently being evaluated by a pulmonologist  (it takes SIX WEEKS to schedule a PFT around here grrrrr...)

(The COPD turned out to be somewhat of a blessing when my lung cancer was found.  They said I was not a good candidate for the "gold standard" of surgery because of the COPD, which they predicted would be approx. a years' recovery time, so I had SABR radiation which was no recovery time at all and so far so good on no recurrence of the cancer.  (not recommending COPD in the least, but anyone who has it available should check out SABR as a treatment option for early detected lung cancer.  It isn't an option for larger tumors.)

MarilynH

Thank you so much for sharing we must live life on life's terms without the crutch of cigarettes our lives literally depends on us to stick with N.O.P.E and vigilance N.M.W.....

avian3

Thanks, Whispers!   It's good to see you again!

This wouldn't happen to be a Mike we might know, would it?  I've seen a few Mikes over the years at the Q. A couple of them started before me only to return a few times and then disappear. I often wonder what happened to them and many others.

indingrl

Please thank Mike❤ 

WhispersQSMB

Great to see you Avian

0 Kudos
elvan

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I have COPD and I am on two inhalers regularly, another one as a rescue, I also have a nebulizer which I rarely use, and oxygen at night only.  I had both upper lobes of my lungs removed and I asked how severe my COPD was...no one would give me a stage, the pulmonologist just said, "moderate."  

0 Kudos