cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

anna12

OH BOY, IT'S BEEN 11 DAYS NOW

Update on my dreams....I think I found the trigger for my vivid dreams, and it's not the patch! LOL I have to sleep with the TV on to keep the voices and noises at bay that I hear during the night....I woke up to a very violent dream yesterday, was really doing damage to my ex of all ppl, don't know why can't remember that part of it, but after I woke up, I realized that Steven Segal was kicking the shit outta some dudes on the TV! I truely believe that is what triggered the violence,.

Woke up this morning to no dream and the TV was on silent, go frickin figure!

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

HAVE A WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE WEEKEND
A =0)
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
katheen

Violent dreams came from the t.v. on and cause you to react it out even if your awake. Violence can cause you to react in a different way than you would otherwise act out. Just my opion on that matter but you should talk to your Dr. about them.

Kt
0 Kudos
lizzy2

anna, i agree with kathleen about the violence especially before sleep. i was concerned though that the tv is covering the voices-are the voices hallucinations or your noisy neighbors? please forgive me if i offend, but i have a friend who does hear voices fairly frequently and has to adjust her meds. you would probably have an easier time of it with help from the doctor if they are hallucinations. if it is the neighbors there are some truly GREAT earplugs you can get super cheap at walmart. you roll or squish them up small, put them in your ears and then they expand to fit your ears. they are in the pharmacy section with the cold remedies and stuff.

congratulations on your 11+ days of success
0 Kudos
anna12

I've always had the violent dreams and vivid dreams, even before I was actually diagnosed with BP. As for the voices, it's more noises that I hear at night and it will be dead quiet, I know it my pyschotic features cause my dog doesn't move a muscle when I hear these things. My neighbors are older ppl so it's not them. The neighborhood is fairly quiet cept for some vehicles. Back to the dreams, I don't have the violent ones very often though, about 1 a month is all, the vivid, always! LOL

Thanks for the input, It's nice to get someone else's view on it!

HAVE A WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE DAY!

BIG HUGGLES
A =0)
0 Kudos
lizzy2

anna,
so sorry to hear about the psychotic features. i won't say i understand because i've only heard voices once-after staying up for around 4 days straight. serves me right huh? i dont have any idea if it will help but have you ever tried some kind of "white noise". quiet ocean sounds, etc.

i googled white noise and found a bunch of stuff, but i tried a free one
http://simplynoise.com/
i did not try these from the bed, but at the computer the red/brown felt better for me. free download to itunes, windows media player and they had a step by step for the download that looked pretty easy (i did not download, just played on the computer) i'll try to remember to let you know, but i think it may be helping me concentrate better while on the computer?)

12 days of success!!!!!!! congrats!
beth
0 Kudos