cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Lindarivera

New to copd

Last week I was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia - the dr mentioned that she thinks I have copd.  I’m overwhelmed - does that mean I’m going to die? How much time do I have ? Do stem cell work ? Do inhalers help w symptoms or does it stop or slow progress of disease.? What about cardio ? Will that stop it ? I have not had a follow up w de - she is not available till February ? I’m so anxious idk what to do !

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
42 Replies
Louise1954

Hey Miss Mrs Rivera my name is Veronica fullard and I live in Stockton California and I'm just replying to your your comment about being new to COPD well I am also I mean not only COPD but COPD restaurant failure heart failure AFib and heart failure regular and I'm going to tell you I just got out the hospital 3 days ago and I was there for three going on 4 weeks I spent Christmas there New years it's not how I feel now I have I thought I got the menu also I've been smoking for 10 years cigarettes I never really got into labor because my lungs couldn't tolerate it I used to smoke marijuana and my mother and father smoked cigarettes around me all my life as a child so I always been around cigarette smoke second hand smoke first and then I started smoking in second when I was in the hospital I was Sonora the doctor read the diagnosis of COPD in a heart failure restaurant failure and they said it hit me like a ton of words all of these different health complications my advice to you Ms Linda is doing this winter time stay warm as possible stay indoors as long as possible as much as possible only go out of his critical if you're new to COPD and you catch the pneumonia or the flu or a cold like something to where there's mucus build up in your lungs if you go to the doctor you may very well be incubated and I'm going to say something that's not that's not a nice rodeo to ride there ain't no this is nothing fun about that if you don't know what incubated is look it up on Google it or or you can YouTube it but it's not a nice visit if you have to be incubated cuz you have to be recovered out I mean it's not a process where okay your lungs are empty now damn plugging you you walk out and you don't know how to talk again you don't want to walk again you don't understand again eat again come here find mobility you have to you have to basically be worn all over your baby me tutor you know the walk talk like you on behind you know things of that nature so please my advice to you Miss Linda it's the stay warm this winter .

IMG_20240104_185847_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way @Louise1954. Hopefully you are having a good day.

-Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Lexanne

I don’t have copd I’ve quit just in time thank god bless you all