cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

mark_k

Mental Health Support

Linda, first of all... Congratulations! You're doing great for yourself and I hope that the road is smooth from here on out with only minor bumps along the way. I'm hoping that after a while we'll be able to walk past people smoking and turn around the 'if only I could' attitude into a 'if only I could help them like so many had helped me'. Oh, and lest I forget.... I wanted to tell you... 'mentally challenged', though very PC isn't as fun as how I like to consider phrasing it... try 'social underdogs'... everyone loves an underdog and it makes people smile! (Admit it... you just smiled... at least a little bit) 😃
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
200 Replies
katheen

Lindia, I'll lift you up in y prayers today as well I can remember that second day was a toughie fro us and I'm sure that you'll need all the help you can get here.

LOLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
anna12

0 Kudos
anna12

Deep breathing will really help the cravings pass Linda! Also play with a straw, pencil or pen, it's about the size of the cigarette, it's all about the retraining!

XOXO =0)
0 Kudos
linda53

thanks for the suggestions ill buy some straws on my trip to the store todaypeace
0 Kudos
quit4melody

Hi! I am fairly new to this site and was searching for groups that involve both smoking and depression. I am currently not taking medication for depression and quitting smoking (not a great combo I know). I am trying to see what I actually feel like without all those drugs flowing through my veins. So far I've been pretty bitchy! I am thinking of getting back on medication for my depression but I am not sure which medicine to take. I have tried Effexor, Wellbutrin, Lexapro and the new one P-something.
  I have already had 1 lapse in my journey to quit smoking but luckily I took one puff off the cigarette and threw it out because it was gross! I really don't like smoking, it's just habit and something to cure my boredom and something to do in order to "walk away" from my life.
  Well thanks for listening...
0 Kudos
linda53

today is day 4 i had 2 triggers yesterday a crying 2yr old and a screaming 3 yr oild i had to do alot of breathing while their mother took care of the issues anyway the straw i got at sonic helped a bunch hope all of you have a stressfree peacefuuuuul day peace and prayers
0 Kudos
linda53

hope everyones mental health is great today so far so good day 7 im trying tocut down on the lozenges to 8 per day wish me luck everyone have a jpeaceful smokefree day pet a dog or cat it helps with bp too
0 Kudos
linda53

anna my son is scizoaffective and tore my house up yesterday punching holes everywhere he is an iraqian war vet and is having a bad time no i dint smoke but damnt i wanted to with him. hope things will pass for you as well as for me its been 3months since an episode have a peaceful day ill be thinking of you
0 Kudos
linda53

is everone napping ? sounds like a good idea peace
0 Kudos
linda53

hope everyone is in good mental and physical health today i made it through the first week hooray my husband is on day 3 with the patches keep him in your thoughts he was a 3 pkg a day smoker but hes tough. have a peaceful smokefree day
0 Kudos