cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

brent

Many conditions fit this group

I do not have fibro, but I do have a condition called Psoriatic Arthritis. It is very similar to Rheumatoid Arthritis, but unfortunately can be much worse. I was diagnosed 6 years ago and like folks with Fibro, I have my good days and bad days. Smoking is one of the worst things someone with PA can do because it reduces production of synovial fluid in the joints. Quitting however, poses it's own problems. Since PA is an autoimmune condition, and upset to the expectations of my body (such as nicotine) causes my immune system to go into overdrive. So....damned if I do, damned if I don't. Anyway, I sympathize with all of you. Our conditions are difficult enough to deal with. Quitting...in an attempt to improve things, more often than not, means we must endure something worse first. Good luck to everyone!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carol6

@brent How are you doing? It's been a long time since you quit. Hope this message finds you well. I know it's been a while but I wanted you to know someone is here and responded even if it is late.

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos