cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

brahymer

Is

Is it me or do we need have mental health issues more aware .I feel this issue is not talked about enough and even my 9 year old daughter is in counseling from family issues with her fathet my ex husband and he takes it as a joke. I have been in counseling for over 15 years. We need more advocates and awareness to the world because it is not fair to us that suffer and people think it is funny and we can't help how we are built or the underlining reasons we have these issues

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s brahymer 

I am so sorry about the mental illness...is it making it tougher for you to quit...? Others hear quit smoking with mental illness and can help...we so understand...Please be sure to read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to set a quit date and prepare for your quit...Keep close to the support site and keep us posted on your progress...~ Colleen 307 DOF 

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS NICOTINE FREEDOM - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
constanceclum

Many of us here have mental illness such as depression and anxiety. I think it can be harder to quit with an MH diagnosis-mostly because of an ingrained attitude that smoking relieves these symptoms. I think, from reading many blogs, that quitting smoking, after awhile, relieves these symptoms and the idea that smoking helps is hogwash.

Connie

0 Kudos