cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

crabbykaren

Happy Hearts

I have started this group because I had to have open heart surgery and I had to quit smoking. The first few weeks it was easy but now that I'm feeling better those old cravings are coming back. I've done good I still keep fighting them off all I have to do is look at this scar on my chest. But I know it will get harder before it gets better. Anybody else in this boat?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
linda-d

I am on day eight of my new nonsmoking journey. I leave on Sunday to go to the Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery. I still can not believe that I will have my chest cracked open and be going through recovery just a week from to day. I had to be smoke free for two weeks prior to surgery. I have had these evil thoughts of buying a pack now and hiding them here in the house for when I get back home. How sick is that? I don't think I will, but just the thought scares me. How did you quit CrabbyKaren and what heart surgery did you have. I have HOCM and will be getting part of my heart snipped out and also valve repair. Linda D
0 Kudos
crabbykaren

Linda,
If your anything like me smoking will be the last thing on your mind for the frist couple of weeks.Sorry it took so long to respond I've had a bad day.
I had my last one the night before surgery.I had to have a triple by-pass.It is scarey but you will go good just remember We are gettting a clean slate so we really have to take care of ourselves.SO NO smoking.
I will be thinking and praying for you.
Karen
0 Kudos