cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

bigbear1

Group Support Means A Lot To Me

Well, it's about time I get active in the again.  My depression has lifted significantly.  I am no longer thinking about doing injury to myself and the only ones I would like to kick in the butt are all blood family members!  My psychiatrist put me on a new anti-dressant which I was finally able to get and start taking.  He told me that if it didn't work dramaticaly in 10 days that I had to call immediately.  Well, I've been on it for 5 days now and the change in outlook and attitude has been remarkable.

I want to apologize to all of our new members.  It had been my intention to contact new members within 48 hours to thank them for joining 'your group' and urging each of you to become active by posting group blogs and discussion topics.  Remember that this is your group and it will only be as good as each of us make it!  I am well aware of the sentiment held by many out there that the groups are really not that important; but, I strongly disagree with them on that point.  Therefore I am asking that each of us post a group discussion topic and that each of takes the time to post thier own personal insight right here on the group page.

Once again, thank each of you for support and encouragement!  My new Quit Date is 29 January, 2014, so help me stick to that, please!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
GreenThumb3

Glad you are feeling better I was thinking your date is a year and five days just realized its 5 days no one ever acused  me of being smart lol you made it 8 days last time you can do it buddy 

0 Kudos
beamer20

Glad to hear you are feeling better.  I have had a couple bad days and am feeling really stressed, I smoked a cig yesterday and felt like crap all night because of it but I can only learn from my mistakes and get back up and if I have to keep that up maybe it will stick.

Keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am also glad you are feeling better.  I had just a brief spell of depression recovering from a surgery - and I now feel for those who suffer from it.

This quit thing is really quite simple:  educate, plan, prepare and committ.  You must committ to never putting another cigarette near your face NO MATTER WHAT.

I hope you have done all the reading previously (I hope) recommended to you.  If you need the links, just let me know.  You may not understand now - but I think you will after you have done it!

Stay close and ask us questions when you have them.   This IS going to be your FOREVER quit - I just feel it!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Glad you are back and feeling better.  I was praying for you.

0 Kudos
lois2

happy you are feeling better,    this is a great support group. we are here for you

0 Kudos
LouiseR

Glad you are feeling better. Have had you in my thoughts and prayers.
0 Kudos
caingurl1

Glad to see you back, Big Bear! Missed you around here, and glad that you are feeling better. You are definitely not alone in this journey. There are so many here that care about your well being. I am right there with you, and I'm starting again myself. Today is day one. I will never give up no matter how many day one's I have to have under my belt in order to move forward. You can do this to! It's taking me longer than I would like, but hey, as long as I keep getting up and starting again instead of staying stuck when I fall, it's all good.

Since I've been on the site this morning, so far, I have found "must have" advice from Joy, Thomas, and Dale that have to go in my quit kit which I have never done. I have to find some kind of way to say their information in a convenient way that will make it easier for me to get to when I need it. That is a task for me to day.

Have a blessed day, beamer. 🙂

0 Kudos