cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Rsuter

Gas n ya know

Is it just me or Did that morning smoke seem to get things moving?? I have been gassy but don't seem to be moving other things as well out those pipes. Not completely blocked up but deff. Straining a bit more than usual the last few days.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
sweetplt

Yes...Constipation can be a withdrawal sign of quitting smoking...I found daily miralax helped and lots of water and exercise...it takes time for the body to heal from all the chemicals we fed it...~ Colleen 393 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

If you search for constipation, you'll find lots of posts!

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Smoking DID impact our digestive systems.  Be sure to drink plenty of water and include a bit more fiber in your diet.  I found that Benefiber sprinkled on cereal, veggies also helped.  Exercise is also key.

Worst case  - put a couple of dried prunes in boiling water, then let them cool.  They aren't as sickly sweet as the canned ones or the juice.

Amazing all that smoking did to our natural body chemistry, isn't it?!

0 Kudos
indingrl

Sharing is care - works for ME - 2 prunes before bedtime - excellent moving in the morning - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Nicotine did so much more in our bodies than we ever knew. Digestion is absolutely one of them. Adjust your diet for awhile and try some probiotics. That's what helped me.

0 Kudos
Swanbird

Yes!  I had it happen to me for about a week!

0 Kudos