cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

cwood9999

EXs with Disabilities

Welcome Mama Dye! Congratulations on taking these first important steps in becoming an EX! We're here for you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
francis2013

Depression seems to be a big problem for me the last few days because of my lower back pain and the migraines that I experience 3-4 times a week. I think the migraines come from the tramitic brain injuries that I suffered from serving in Desert Storm where I also injured my lower back. When I usually get depressed like this all I did was smoke more than a pack a day and it has been veery hard to not do that the last couple of days because I feel like a prisoner to my own pain and being on day 67 has kind of helped me from not smoking. The support that I have here at home has improved the last 2 or three days from my wife even though there is the temptation of my friend smoking in the basement all the time.

0 Kudos
cwood9999

I know it's been a while since I've lopgged on, but the new school year has started, and I have been swamped with getting my classroom up and runnign smoothly. Luckily, it keeps me out of smoking areas, and my mind so busy or exhausted, that I don't I don't have time to think about smoking. There are a few stress triggers still there, but mostly, I've just been too plain exhausted to do anything other than go to work, come home and "nap" until 7, then eat dinner in bed, watch tv, then go to sleep. I have been dealing with my son's issues on top of all that, and after consulting with his therapist and attorney, I am going to be applying for guardianship of my adult child, still suing his father for chidl support of an adult disabled child, and am battling with disability. He's goign to need the Medicaid when he drops off his father's insurance. 

Enough of my rant. How are y'all doing?

Cindi

0 Kudos