cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

jonimarie

Did you get your Flu Shot Yet?

Question asked by Thomas3.20.2010 on Oct 7, 2017

It's that time of year! And this is a Great time to review when you had your last pneumonia shot! Since it's only every 5 Years it's easier to forget! These vaccinations save lives but even more important they make your Quality of Daily Living so much better! I don't mean to harp (too much) but it's very important!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
37 Replies
jonimarie

Yikes. But look at those toned arms.

Did you ask the doctor?

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thanks for the benadryl info.  Will definitely ask my doc about it all THIS year prior to another shot.

Had a REALLY sore arm after getting 1 Lyme prevention shot years ago.  Said, nope, not getting the other two (as I recall you had to have 3).  Sounds just like your reaction to the shingles shot.  And so far I'm still holding off on getting one of those.

Diane Joy, it's so sad you got Bell's Palsy from a flu shot.  You have every right to vent.  And God bless you for praying for that doctor.  

JACKIE1-25-15

I was thinking about it but I have been fine without it. So far, haven't had one in 3-4 years.  Hmmm.  To each his own. Knock on wood. lol

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I'll be getting mine on the 22nd of October at my Dr's appointment I've been getting the shot for 7 or 8 years now ....

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Wow Giulia! 

0 Kudos

I'm picking up RX's tomorrow. Will I make it out of Walmart if I get a flu shot?

JACKIE1-25-15

Not if you have to stand in a long line. 

0 Kudos

I'm usually the only one there but it's a good 120 feet to the door.

AnnetteMM

I get that reaction every time, no matter what the vaccine is. Red, swollen, and a little itchy for about 3 days.

0 Kudos
DavesTime

Wish I could right now.  I'm still dealing with the end of this terrible chest cold, so I'll have to wait--so will my wife, who had a very serious bout of pneumonia about 23 years ago (she was in the hospital for a week and on the x-ray both lungs looked completely white--she still has breathing problems from that.  It's a good thing she never was a smoker).