Connect with others living with health conditions

dawn4

Cancer Survivors and Fighters

Good morning, Jojo!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
120 Replies
smorgy8513

It was good to hear from the dr that what I'm going through (up and down with blood levels, having to miss a week for chemo, crying, feeling helpless) are all NORMAL (????) for what I'm going through.

He gave me some ideas to help.      One that surprised me is that since I'm having my Neulasta shot I should be taking 10mg of Claritin for 1 week.    He said no scientific basis for it but patients say it can minimize the side effects of pain in bones.     I wrote a bit more about this in my Caring Bridge account today.

After my next cycle ( 1 week of Carbo/Gemza,1 week of Gemza and 1 week off) they will do a contrast dye imaging to see what is going on.    If it stays the same (size, number) or if it decreases them (please, please) then they will stay with same plan.     If they grow or multiply they will go another route (also not uncommon).

I hope you are all doing well.          

Rain here doesn't help my bones......but I will stay warm, rest, sleep if needed.

Blessings to all.

Sharon

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Where is everyone?        Maybe it's a good thing no one is here......all are doing well at this time. 

I hope so.

That's my prayers for today........blessings and health to all of you!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Well, I have to check in.

Running just a little temp today and having ear and throat issues.

Also, the Neulasta shot is giving me bone pain........

But if it keeps my blood up I'll do it!

My friend Lois is coming in today to visit.      She is one of my guardian angels........would do anything in the world for me.   

I am truly blessed by the people God has put in my life.       And you all are some of them.

Have a great day!

Sharon

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Want to welcome Scooter 2 to the group.      I hope you can use this and have a safe, comfortable place to talk about what ever is going on.

I was "down" yesterday.......bone pain was awful, from the shot I guess.         I've been up about 1 hour now and it feels a little better.          I'm freezing all the time and then I have the fibro, arthritis and degenerative stuff going on too.

("Sharon, you want some cheese with that whine?")

4 appts this week, including starting with a therapist.        And a "therapeutic touch massage".      

If there is anyone out there with cancer.....check and see if you have a Gilda's Place in your area.      I just heard about it and I'm going to go and check it out.

Scooter........come and tell us about yourself!

And you other people..........check in so we know you're doing ok.

Sharon

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Hello to all!     

I go for the 1st appt today with new therapist.     I haven't had therapy for 25 years or more but think I need it not to help mangage the cancer, fear and uncertainty.      Recommeded by my good buddy Joi (she and I were next door neighbors at my job.

Think/hope it will go well.

Sharon

0 Kudos
Giulia

Checking in.  Hope you like your new therapist and find emotional nourishment.  And I hope the rest of your appointmenst this week go well, Sharon. 

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

New therapist is great!       I learned a lot and she tried some things with me to help me relax.        Also gave me info on a man named Ralph Moss is a researcher for all different kinds of cancer.         I'm going to look into that.

You know what??????

I'm tired of being tired!

I know chemo and pain are a huge part of that.

See pain dr today and we'll talk about shot in my back to help that pain.      Wish I could get shots all over my body.

Hope all have a great day!!!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Missed yesterday.      I'm not feeling well (cold and fatique) and I think I should be doing better.     Jeff gets mad at me and tells me I set myself up to feel dissappointment when I think I'm going to have all this energy as soon as the cold is gone .

This is just who I am.       If I sat and believed that this is as good as it gets i would be so disappointed what would I have to fight for.

Been talking to a number of people with cancer or who have family with cancer and it is pretty much the same with them.    So, I say to myself...."Self, what gives you the right to think you will be different?"        But I have to believe that there is hope and promise in my life.     And QUALITY!!!

Anybody know what i'm saying?

Well, for everyone stuglling today.......hand in there.........we will see the other side of this.

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning all.      Cold is finally breaking up so much looser when I cough.      It just doesn't seem to be getting better as quick as I would like it to.       

There goes my control issues!

Is anyone reading these or should we stop the group?      If it helps I want it to me here........but it isn't all about me.

Let me know what ya'll think!

Giulia

Hmmm, as always I do a CTRL C before posting and it didn't copy it!!!!   AAAArgh.  I'll try for a non-as-good repeat:   answer to your question:  I joined the group because I want to learn from people what they go through and how they react and deal emotionally with these smoking related diseases that I think I'm quite likely to get and go through myself at some point.  It's the same kind of preparatory education that we do when we quit. And, of course I joined to offer support.  But certain subjects, like Cancer in particular, are difficult subjects to talk about.  Other than offering "Chin up" support.  So perhaps that's why other's aren't posting as much? 

In response to your comment yesterday - yes I DO know what you're saying.  Without hope, we just give up.  Some of us are natural born fighters in the sense that without thinking of it as as challenge, as something to conquer, we just might as well curl up in ball and wither away.  Fighting keeps us going.  On the other hand I think it's important to also recognize the reality of the situation we're in.

On the OTHER other hand (isn't it nice to be an octapus) - "Self, what gives you the right to think you will be different?"  It is that very thinking that MAKES us different and that can potentially change our outcome.  Our thoughts can boost our immune system, and our attitudes have everything to do with the quality of our living.

You're getting chemo for heaven's sake.  Chemo tires you out (she said never having gotten it herself - yet).  Colds just might last a little longer and tire you out a little more.  (Ya think???)  Help your body help you by resting.  Geez!  What an impatient lass.  "Control issues" indeed.  lol 

I hope some others weigh in here on your questions.

0 Kudos