cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

COPD: EXciting News!

"A sugar molecule called keratan sulfate could play a protective role against inflammation and emphysema associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to a new study."

Read More :

https://copdnewstoday.com/2017/01/03/sugar-molecule-keratan-sulfate-may-protect-lungs-against-copd-s...

OK! This may not be a licence to pig out on sugar yet!

But it is EXciting!

Our job is to stay as healthy as possible until a cure is found! 

Call me a dreamer but I believe that will be in the next 10-15 Years!

I will do my best to be here for that!

And that means NO SMOKING!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies
elvan

Wow, really interesting article, not sure what the source of this particular sugar would be...some sort of supplement? I would LOVE to see more progress made in the treatment of COPD, we know that the best prevention is not exposing ourselves to the toxins in cigarette smoke as well as other sources.

I am so glad that I am an EX!

0 Kudos

Perhaps this is why horses don't get copd, All those sugar cubes?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Sugar?  Oh, thank HEAVENS! 

😉

indingrl

YUMMY YUM YUM WHO DOESNT LOVE CAKE ICECREAM CANDY COTTONCANDY WHIP CREAM ................yet this too shall pass ....... moderation in all things I pray in Jesus name amen thanks for taking care of you ! love you and big hug for you. 

0 Kudos
Silverstar

Hmmm, sounds like a breakthrough, at least with the model models, and it is a molecule (or portion thereof) that can be synthesized, good stuff.  I have no doubt you will be on the front lines and see a "new" treatment in your lifetime! 

0 Kudos
Strudel

Wow! 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for sharing the information.  Hopefully this research will be successful in the future for the treatment of COPD.  Sugar? Amazing. 

0 Kudos