cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Alpha-1 Emphysema

I was told that I might have Alpha-1 Emhysema, just like you Sheila, because they say I'm too young to have Emphysema, especially Stage 2. But I was tested for it, and I don't have it. I simply smoked too much of too strong a cigarette for far too long. But that doesn't have to mean a death sentence for you or for me. We quit smoking and you're right! Knowledge is power! Here is some information on Alpha-1 for you if you haven't seen this yet. That whole website is a great source of information. I'm going to add the link to the Alpha-1 to the main page of our group as well. Because I'm sure you are not the only one who will ever join the Ex who will be diagnosed with it.

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Emphysema
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sheila12

Thank you! I learned more from the website than the DR!!!!
0 Kudos
zona

I am 46 and have emphysema. So far it is mild. I don't have alpha 1 antitypsin. But I smoked ultra lights. I didn't start smoking until I was 21 (way old enough to know better). My pumonologist believes any symptoms I have will almost entirely dissapear without cigarrettes. I still won't be able to spell, though ; }
So- I need to not smoke. I need help doing this. I'm sure we all do. That's why we're here, right?
0 Kudos