cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

A Future and a Hope!

Being diagnosed with COPD is very emotionally upsetting for anybody. The #3 leading cause of death in the US is not just about life and death. It radically affects the Quality of Life and Lifestyle choices.

15% of our Community right here on BecomeanEX has already been diagnosed and as much as another 15% have COPD but don’t know it! Incredible but sadly true!

Quitting with COPD has different outcomes than for others because our breathing and coughing will not get better! So we have to put our hopes in other areas!

And yes, You DO have much to hope for!

Let’s start with what we know. COPD is chronic, progressive and incurable. So where’s the hope, let alone the future?

Yes, COPD is chronic but you can alleviate many of the daily symptoms by making some healthy lifestyle changes. Nutrition and Exercise make a BIG DIFFERENCE in how you feel and the energy you have to devote to the people you love!

Yes, COPD is progressive but smoking cessation can especially when diagnosed early slow down or even stop the progression of the disease. How cool is that?!

Yes, COPD is incurable but Research and Development are making leaps and bounds these days and even 5 or 10 years these days makes a giant difference in what the medical sciences are accomplishing on a daily basis. Ask me and I can tell you about some of the amazing work done to either relieve noninvasively the severe symptoms or even cure the disease!

Take heart! At least you know that you have COPD! You have been given an opportunity to do something about it! Those who don’t know may be still smoking away their lungs and their future! I pray to GOD that all smokers and EX smokers get a Spirometry Test that will tell them if they have COPD or not!

No matter what I have had COPD for 4 Years. Yes, I get sick and have EXacerbations. I cough, I’m short of breath often and I struggle with low energy levels. But my lung capacity has remained steady since I quit smoking. I’m convinced that I have fewer symptoms both daily and seasonally than I would have as a smoker and I know that I will die Addiction FREE whether from COPD or if a Mac Truck runs over me.

We don’t quit smoking so we won’t die – we quit smoking so we can LIVE FREE!

…a Future and a Hope! Jer. 29:11

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
beckola55

Thank you Thomas my cough has improved since the day I started my quit, I still have it but it is not nearly as frequent as it had been. I have been following your advise to keep what I have by walking or riding at least once a day but there are days when I feel totaly lazy and that is what I do Laze around! I am on day 29 of freemdom of the demon and feel happy to have you as a friend, I am continuing to educate myself on my addiction, I have been reading your blogs and am thankful for all that you do.

0 Kudos
annb

Such a wonderful blog Thomas. Thank you for all the great info, EXperience and encouragement you give us!!!!

0 Kudos
maria86

Yeah Thomas thats what I'm saying too, its the quality of life thing, the freedom is a WONDERFUL THING!!!!! Thanks for posting 🙂

0 Kudos
jacks1125

thanks for great info!!

0 Kudos