cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Today’s new growth, really amazing....

here are carrot tops I started for the greens to use for cooking, 2 days ago and then the Bok choy, romaine and celery. I did pull off the side bundles from them as they turn brown. 

3124A0DA-08CB-4098-B88F-AED7A599D2CB.jpeg

A66DC39E-8E43-40FB-A398-97FDACEC47D6.jpeg

D1BD1095-2053-41CF-9126-6F75F5DA72EC.jpeg

0C574E57-7521-4135-B86B-8146B524717F.jpeg

Will give them them another week or so and then pot them. Then in Spring will transplant to garden ........all but carrot greens which will stay inside rooting to clip off prn for cooking  

When to area basketball tournament games tonight, fun time, now we are gonna relax and watch old movie , Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford. Night, all!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
50 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Planted a rose bush today.  The temp above 56 degrees.  Will cover in plastic if I have to.  Storm suppose to come next week.  I had it sitting inside and the leaves were growing profusely.  Thought it would be happier outside. 

Mandolinrain

Oh Im so jealous! i can't wait to do gardening and flower beds...of course we still have no yard. Hubby said we will hydroseed the new yard. Think we have to wait till May though  in the 20's here yet

0 Kudos
karenjones

Turf the turf.  Plant a bee garden or a meadow or a rock garden.  but I suppose if hubby is into mowing , fill yer boots.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mandolinrain A couple of days ago...

I've just started a cabbage.  We'll see what IT does.

IMG_7864.JPG

Mandolinrain

Thats cool..I wanna try that one and broccoli!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

plant.jpg

Happy Saturday.  Romaine and Celery

Mandolinrain

Isn't this so fun! They look great Jackie!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Look at the way your Romaine shot straight up, Jackie!!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am starting to plant the seeds indoors.  The ground is still cold here. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

You must have lots of light and  areas to put them all inside.  Good for you!