cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TUESDAY TRIVIA 04.06.2021

Jump to solution

trivia image.jpg

Welcome To The Newest Game Of Trivia (04. 06. 2021)

puffins.gifpuffins.gif*************************************************

WHAT IS THE TERM FOR A BABY PUFFIN?

puffins.gifbaby puffins.jpg

1. Puffling

2. Chickpuff

3. Picklet

4. Pup

*********************************************************************************************

Answer to last week's question : TYPE O 

"Ever feel like you're constantly swatting and slapping away mosquitoes in the summertime? About 20% of the population is more susceptible to mosquito bites than others, and scientists have been working to discover why. One of the key reasons? Blood type. Mosquitoes after all, are blood suckers, and their preferred "vintage" is Type O. In fact, one study showed that those with Type O blood has mosquitoes land on them twice as often as those with Type A blood. To dig in even further, about 85% of people secrete a chemical signal that lets mosquitoes know what blood type they have — mosquitoes will gravitate toward humans with this secretion regardless of blood type. But if you fall into that double category of someone who secretes AND has Type O blood? It's time to load up on that bug spray!"

Source: Smithsonian Magazine | Date Updated: March 26, 2021

( I'm as surprised as many of you will also be as I am Type B and I swear a message goes out to all mosquitoes that I am in the vacinity! )

To review your last week's answer, click here:  TRIVIA TUESDAY 03. 30. 2021 

Thanks to all who are playing Trivia. The more who play, the more fun it is.

Also, thanks to Trivia Genius for the question and answer to this quiz.

😊

To find out who won the most Trivia games in March, click here : TRIVIA-TUESDAY-HALL-OF-FAME-FOR-MARCH- 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
minihorses

I think I saw this on "The Zoo: A Bronx Tale" that baby puffins are picklets.  Then again I think I'm smart too and we all know how that goes.

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@minihorses 

Thanks for playing Trivia, Julie. Good Luck 😊

0 Kudos