cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

uhQUIT Rules + Stratagies

OBJECTIVE: Acquiring as many points as possible.

GOAL: To permanently remove unhealthy habits from your lifes regimen.

ADVANTAGE: You and you alone; decide on your point agenda.

MAKING CATAGORIES: Decide on a "specific" unhealthy habit you wish to discontinue in your life and create a catagory for that. Please review the current library of catagories and use one of those if applicable. If you do not see one there, create your own and it will be added to the library. 

Remember, these are FOREVER QUITS, so when designing your limitations for your catagory, keep it reasonable and doable forever. Example, I'll never stop eating pizza completely but instead of eating it 2-3 times a week, maybe my pizQUIT (pizzaQuit) rule for myself is 2 pizza's a month. Achieving that gives me points.

GETTING POINTS: Every day you successfully achieve a catagory goal, you earn a point for that day. For each catagory you have on your list you get points for each one. The more catagories successfully achieved each day, the more points earned each day. Beware not to overreach for the penalty is stiff.

RETIRED POINTS: Eventually you will master a catagory and using your discretion, you may retire that catagory. If that catagory has (X amount of) points attached to it, then after retirement they are forever added "daily" to your Retired Points.

BONUS POINTS: Coming Soon

PENALTY: If you fail a catagory, all the points achieved thus far are doubled and that amount is subtracted from your uhQUIT points. PLUS you start fom zero in that catagory. Do not set the bar too high because you are allowed to change your limitations later if you wish to.

LABELING DISTINCTIONS: The points you earn are uhQUIT points. The lower case sub text before the word QUIT is to distinguish our unhealthy habit quits from our smoking quit. With that said, the two letter (uh)QUIT is for ALL (unhealthy habit Quit's) combined. 

The three letter (cofQUIT) is for a specific unhealthy habit, such as coffee.

NOTE: Even though 3 people are using the same "cofQUIT catagory", whatever limitations they set for themselves and thier coffeeQUIT will probably be different than the others.  But it still is a cofQUIT point.

CURRENT LIBRARY OF xxxQUITS: (cofQUIT / coffee Quit), (ltwQUiT / "less than" weight Quit), (dbeQUIT / daily binge eating Quit), 3tbQUIT / Minimal food intake between 3pm until bedtime.)

COMING SOON > How to earn bonus points

SUMMARY AND EXAMPLES:

MY coffeeQUIT rules: I allow myself 2 cups of coffee a day (or less). If I do that successfully it counts as a successful cofQUIT day.

MY  less than weightQUIT rules: I choose a weight I cannot exceed. If I do not exceed that weight it counts as a successful ltwQUIT day.

MY  daily binge eatingQUIT rules: For myself. I define binge eating as anything beyound having seconds or thirds. Having 2 or 3 "1 serving size" bowls of chips.is over eating. Eating the whole bag is binging. I have NOT set my dbeQUIT rule yet.

MY  3pm to bedtimeQUIT rules: I cannot overeat or binge eat between the hours of 3pm to bedtime.

You continue to total all your 3 letter quits (xxxQUIT) daily and that TOTAL equals your total uhQUIT points. If you relapse a 3 letter quit you subtract DOUBLE that amount off your total uhQUIT points. You then start all over on the xxxQUIT you relapsed on.

Tags (1)
0 Replies